1 mo. Post Op - Walking not an option - Any Ideas?

BodyNSoul Mismatch
on 11/17/06 2:14 am - Dallas, TX
I live in Seattle.  Flooding, 80 mile and hour winds, and 40 degree weather dominate our daily forcasts from now until March.  Yesterday was a beautiful day and I walked 45 minutes (not sure how far).  What can I do that is just effective on the days that I can't walk?  I do have workout programs on DVR from Fit TV and I have On Demand.  Any advice would be helpful.

The Future Skinny Me  
     160 lbs lost - GOAL! (but I still want to lose 20 more)

li3Ruch
on 11/17/06 8:15 am
I love exercise videos and the very best one I have found is the Slim at 6 series.  It incorporates a cardio workout along with exercises that work a lot of your large muscles and your core.  I think you would have to have the Green Light to work out as hard as you wanted to do this program as it is pretty intense (although you can Definitely scale it Up/Down to suit yourself as you build your strength/endurance for the exercises).

Beth   
                         ~ 245/160/135 (HW/CW/DW) ~ 

(Highest Weight, Current Weight, Dream Weight)  

I am a healthy BMI now and so I am happy.  I haven't decided yet where my comfort point is for maintaining.  I'm trying to lose more, but I may find out that causes me to have more restrictive daily diet and excercise habits than what I am comfortable with long-term.  It's all about choices!!!

BodyNSoul Mismatch
on 11/18/06 6:10 am - Dallas, TX
I realize now that my post seemed so doom and gloom.  Sorry about that.  The truth is that most days are not walkable in our area.  But when they are, I will walk.  Just looking to see what my other options are. 

The Future Skinny Me  
     160 lbs lost - GOAL! (but I still want to lose 20 more)

BANDIS4ME
on 11/18/06 5:53 pm

When I started exercising again, the last thing I wanted to do was join a gym and have to stare at  the "thinny-minnies" prancing around lookin thin and happy or others staring at me work out and sweating unattractively! So I had heard about these videos that you might want to try that I love and really helped me. They are Leslie Sansone's, Walk Away  The Pounds videos. They seem deceptively simple and easy but once you start doing them, you will see they give a good workout! They are perfect for when you can't go outdoors to walk or you don't feel like it.

JuJu

Most Active