Tai kwon do or Kickboxing

lynnie
on 10/18/06 10:39 am - North Pole, AK
Hey there, this is my first time on this board Im  a regular on the main board.....My question is.....How good of a workout is tai kwon do? I do aquacise 2xs a wk. I want to step up my workout program for the winter. I was told I should learn tai kwon do before doing a kickboxing? Any opions on this? My weight has slowed down alot so I really need to step it up  Karate to lose this last 58lbs. Thanks to you all in advance

Lynn_Pansy_SIGGY.jpg
 Lifes a dance.......you learn as you go!  Running Man Belly Dancer 

Lisa G.
on 10/19/06 3:50 am - Des Moines, IA
it can be a very intense workout.  My son has been doing tae kwon do and he is rdripping with sweat after an hour workout.  I will be joining him in class soon also.  I go to every class and watch and even the adults are truly getting a butt kickin workout.  Lots of muscle use, so good for toning. 
LYnn
on 10/19/06 8:34 am - Upland, CA
Hey Lynnie from another Lynnie My BIL, nephew, and niece are all black belts in Tae Kwon Do about to take their second degree black belt testing. I have watched them throughout the years and yearned to do the same. I had decided to 'kick' up my training in October (this month) and was choosing between Tae Kwon Do or Marathon training. I chose Marathon training which I began in September but I think I will do the Tae Kwon Do next year in addition. My best friend just started Tae Kwon Do and her DH started Muay Tae which is more kick boxing. She says as a female she would not do Muay Tae but prefers Tae Kwon Do. Just some insight from my BF. All the best to you in whatever you choose! Lynnie
lynnie
on 10/19/06 10:45 am - North Pole, AK
Thanks Lynnie! I think I am really going to do Tae kwon do I really need the cardio to get to my goal and tone up before I do plastic surgery too.  Best of luck to you

Lynn_Pansy_SIGGY.jpg
 Lifes a dance.......you learn as you go!  Running Man Belly Dancer 

Most Active