what kind of exercise???

Anita Jo
on 10/15/06 10:29 am - Elmira, NY
hi all, i just got off a air cast boot for a fracture. i still can not use my treadmill what kind of exercise can i do? any ideas? thanks. anita RNY~Aug.28,2003 270/181/150 surgery/today/goal waiting on appoval for tummy tuck

Cards Fan
on 10/17/06 12:00 am
Hop in the pool!  Check out a local fitness center to see what their options are.  If the gym is not an option, likely you can get some therapy covered by insurance if you have an option of getting some pool time through physical therapy due to your fracture.  Many hospitals have aqua therapy programs - alot of old folks will be there in those classes but there'll also be folks there for rehabilitation as well.  The pool is low impact and a great way to get moving and get the heart rate up without your joints taking a beating.  Have fun with it! Cards Fan Springfield, MO STEP OFF THE SIDELINES AND GET IN THE GAME!
LYnn
on 10/19/06 8:40 am - Upland, CA
water aerobics is how I began my exercise fascination. It is a great transitional tool. I have a lot of friends that do it because of RA and it helps them. All the best to you Anita
Most Active