Does it ever feel like something is eating at your bones?

twohearts
on 9/15/09 1:37 am - Waukesha, WI
I missed work yesterday because I was in so much pain.  I can only describe it as it feels like something is eating at my bones.  It's horrible and I can't take pain meds because of allergies and also the pouch.  I rested yesterday and today I am a bit better and I was able to come to work. 

Anyone else have this?  What do you do for it?

Cindy
Trauma Queen
on 9/15/09 4:08 am - Jacksonville, FL
Good analogy.
I tell people it feels like my bones are bending to the point of breaking..but not breaking.
I can relate and I am sorry you cannot take pain meds.
It sucks to deal with this and not have any relief.
Gentle hugs...
Donna
445/425/123/1??
brachioplasty 7/11/07
Breast reduction/lift and axilla repair 9/5/07
Mons reduction and L arm brachioplasty repair 01/02/08
Tummy tuck with Anchor cut  3/12/08
Lower body lift TBA
kisha
on 10/27/09 4:43 am
hello, I am totally off the subject, but I want to know how did you lose all of your weight? I was 410 and I have been at 290 for a year.. I cant seem to get this plateau broken? What do you advise? You really look good and I feel that if you can do I can to!
ordiefam
on 9/15/09 7:09 am - Colorado Springs, CO
Yes i feel that way, plus my skin hurts to touch and i feel really heavy when I am in a flare. My DH can now tell when i start moving slower, he will ask, are you hurting and the answer is always yes.  I hate that part:(  i hope you feel better.

twohearts
on 9/15/09 8:02 am - Waukesha, WI
Yes, my skin always hurts too.  This gnawing, eating at my joints, is really bad when it kicks in.  Do you get any relief or does it just have to run it's course for you?
Hislady
on 9/15/09 2:51 pm - Vancouver, WA
That has to be awful being unable to take any pain meds. There are lots of them maybe there are some others you could try besides the standard ones. The only othe thing I use for pain relief is heat, either a nice hot shower or turn my electric blanket way up and wrap myself up like a burrito! Just take it easy as much as you can till it passes.
suzette N.
on 9/16/09 2:52 am - nashville, TN

I hate hurting every second of every day. NO one understands except fellow sufferers. Im on complete disability(got it for the depression). I would love to be with people again. I loved my job with the school system. 

What do you mean you cant take pain meds. Im up for my surgery this fall. I cant make it through another winter the way things are now. Someone please tell me we can keep taking our pain meds or I would have been dead along time ago.

Take care sweet girl. Sorry I vented on your post. Its my 26th wedding anniversary today and Im going to bed.

Suzette

JOANNFV
on 9/17/09 11:41 am - SWARTZ CREEK, MI
Dear Suzette, I have not trouble with taking pain meds. I take soma and vicodin es. I have to break the vicodin in half to take, as doctor doesn't want me to take any pills larger than an M&M candy. But I have never really had any problems with any meds. I do miss my motrin, helped alot. My surgeon allows pt. to take anti-inflamatory celebrex, which my doctor just got ok'd from my insurance,though I have higher co-pay on it, gonna start tomorrow. Good luck with  surgery,email me with any other questions, be glad to try to answer. Sincerely, JoAnn
twohearts
on 9/16/09 4:48 am - Waukesha, WI

Suzette!  Happy anniversary.  Wow.  I'm on my 33rd this year.  Amazing how time has flown by, isn't it?

I had allergy problems with pain meds before my RNY so that isn't the reason I can't take them.  Although, after RNY you can't have NSAIDS because it can cause ulsers.  You will need to talk to your doctors about that.  I know that others on this board are taking pain meds so there must be some that are allowable.  Hopefully, someone else will know about that for you.

twohearts
on 9/16/09 4:50 am - Waukesha, WI
Yes, warming blankets to sooth a bit.  Although I can't have anything heavy on my body either otherwise it hurts my skin.  So I usually have a light sheet and that is it, or in a big problem, I'll use a light electric blanket.  No comforters or blankets on me because it feels like weights and just kills my skin.
Most Active
Recent Topics