Hi-Dow XP III

MKPstamps
on 8/25/09 5:26 am - HOT SoCal, CA
I was in Vegas this past weekend. My husband and I were walking through the mall when I was drawn to one of the little carts that I normally avoid. This one had a Hi-Dow XP III unit and a battery-operated accupuncture gun (for personal use). The gun thing looks like a small glue gun, but gives good zaps. I wish I had convinced my husband to buy the two while we were there. I found the XP III at amazoncom for a good price, but would also like info on the little gun thing.

Does any one know what I'm talking about and have you tried the XP 333?
Kristy
on 8/26/09 4:25 am - ID
Ok, I will reply.  I don't know what it is.   is it used for Fibro or what, everything maybe?  Zaps as in a little things pop out and clicks you like what a chiropractor uses or zaps like zing, electricity?  I will check it out and share any info with everyone.  Kristy
ps. Hey, I made a short post.  hahaha
Kudos to me!!!!     LOL
Kristy
on 8/26/09 4:32 am - ID
I couldn't find it on amazon.
Kristy
MKPstamps
on 8/26/09 7:15 am - HOT SoCal, CA

Info on the Hi-Dow is on amazon for a good price too . . . http://www.amazon.com/Hi-Dow-XPIII-XP-III/dp/B001MQBTF6/ref= sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1251320906&sr=8-1; the cart people wanted $139.

The most I got out of them over the phone on the other thing is that it is a needless accupuncture gun. In talking to my sister-in-law, she said my mother-in-law and other sister-in-law swore by the little gun things. I couldn't find this online anywhere. It looks like a little hot-glue gun.

Where the gun gives little electrical jolts/stiumulation, the hi-dow electronically stimulates the muscles. I sent my PCP an email about it and he said it defintely wouldn't hurt and could be worth a try. My sister-in-law thought it was like a tens unit. I also have bad knees and would put a pad (with wires attached) to both sides of my knee and then dial in a strength. The machine would hit those muscles undneath the pads where they were stuckdown.

She mainly used the little gun thing on me and the Hi-Dow unit on my husband. Personally I'd like to con him into getting both. If you'd like to try to get some more info, the Cart was Modern Therapeutic Solutions and Farah is the manager, their number is 702-699-5338. I had a real hard time understanding her, but she said she would ship both for $260 + shipping.

Hislady
on 8/26/09 7:56 am - Vancouver, WA
I can't say that I've ever heard of it and that alone makes me very sceptical. For my own 2 cents worth it sounds like a scam and if it was really that effective the medical community would be all over it. So many people out there simply take advantage of others with chronic pain. Myself I'd keep the moner and get a good massage! Good luck!
MKPstamps
on 8/26/09 8:18 am - HOT SoCal, CA
The thing is that the medical community has and does use them. My sister-in-law is a nurse. She's the one who said the hand-held version is like a tens unit and that her mom and sister swore by the gun thing that their chiropractor uses. Hi-Dow has been in business for some time. Maybe with the economy the way it is, maybe they're making them more affordable and marketing to the public.
MKPstamps
on 9/21/09 7:22 am - HOT SoCal, CA
I did buy one of these and love it. I'm told it is a TENS unit . . . who knows. I can put the pads on knots/muscle spasms and it really helps.There have been days when I would have thought I'd be in the chair all day and it eased the knots.
Most Active
Recent Topics