What are some of the hardest things for you to deal with

Mrs. Scarlet
on 3/7/09 11:06 am - KS

You know what Birdlady, I do understand, and it does suck!  My husband does a pretty good job of understanding, but I have to remind him quite often about what this is.  But the funny thing is his mom was diagnosed with this years ago, and until I came along and she mentioned having it...he didnt know she did! 

I know what it's like about not being as physical with hubby, but mine is mostly because of the tiredness.  (However...it is fun trying to come up with alternatives! LOL!)  Besides being ouchy with my daughter, the FOG is the worst part.  I'm back in college, and doing quite well..but its HARD!  And sometimes I feel like a total idiot when I mix up my words..lol.

As far as the people making fun of you...they can **** off.  Until one walks in anothers shoes, there is NO room for poking fun just to be spiteful.  I hope your doing Ok, and I hope you have LOTS of fun coming up with "alternatives"!! Gentle hugs to you too!

Kathleen T.
on 3/7/09 11:37 am
Hi Jacked sorry about getting in the middle but I wanted Birdlady to know everyone my thing I'm Rambling most of the time losing
track of conversation. Yes some people think we just ramble but for those of us that is feeling the effect of frib. we know it not a JOKE.
I read most of the posting a most and don't answer many.
Thank God for the HB understanding the ache and pain of frib he would have been gone long ago.
AND THE FOG IS THE WORST I REMEMBER WHEN MY TWIN SISTER USED TO FINISH MY SENTENCES.  BECAUSE I WOULD BE IN SUCH A FOG.
"A Man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps. 
Proverb 16:9
May not be where I want to be but I glad to be where I'm at.
Working at getting the rest of the way.

12/10/2012 I'll be having LBL, BL/BA, thigh & arm lift, eyelid
Body by Dr. Sauceda    booked to 12/9--12/22
LynW
on 3/9/09 3:00 am - Central IA, IA
For me right now, it's the fatigue.  All I want is just a couple of days where I actually have energy and I don't have to force myself to do things.

I used to have a lot of fog.  One time I was going to pick my son up from school after I got a haircut.  I started driving and got totally confused and ended up going the opposite direction I should have gone.  And I'd lived there many years!  And the school was like only a few blocks from my stylist!

I just started on Cymbalta last week.  I'm hoping it helps.  Already I have a lot less morning pain.

Lyn W
Mrs. Scarlet
on 3/11/09 6:34 am - KS
 LOL..this is NOT funny, but coming from someone who understands...All we can do is laugh because its so Darn frusterating!  I hate it when I'm in the middle of a sentence and I forget what I'm going to say...LOL.  I noticed you said USED to have a lot of fog...I hope things are better in that department for you!
TerryR
on 3/10/09 11:54 pm, edited 3/10/09 11:55 pm - High Desert, CA
The hardest things for me to deal with are the fatigue, depression, low energy, and of course, the pain.  It's also very hard for me to get things done, and when I overdue, it sometimes takes a days to recover.

I can't imagine how difficult it would be to have a 5 year old and have to deal with fibromyalgia.  My heart goes out to you and all the other parents that have this condition and have small children.  You all have a very difficult task.  I guess I was lucky because my fibro was pretty manageable until I was about 44 years old and my two sons were grown. 

And I can't imagine having a child that has fibromyalgia--it just breaks my heart to think of a child suffering with this condition.

Take care,

Terry

IMG_10411.jpg picture by Terry_RIMG_1075.jpg picture by Terry_R

Mrs. Scarlet
on 3/11/09 6:38 am - KS
  I know what you mean when it sometimes takes days to recover...and I think one of the things that bothers me the most is that people with fibro LOOK Ok on the outside.  I'm ot ashamed of what I have, but if I don't know someone very well I usually don't tell them I have it. And by the way, I LOVE the pics of your puppy....ADORABLE!
TerryR
on 3/11/09 9:28 am - High Desert, CA
Sometimes when I'm in a flare, my face gets very pale and those who know me know what's going on.  Sometimes people ask me if I'm tired or if I'm feeling okay because I wear my pain on my face.  If they ask, then I tell them.  I'm glad that you're not ashamed of your condition because its not your fault!

Isn't my little Ernie cute!  In the picture on the left, he's about four months old, and in the picture on the right, he's about a year and a half (taken a couple of months ago).  My husband gave me Ernie for my birthday in 2007.  My dad had passed away six months prior to my birthday and I was in pretty bad shape with severe depression and a fibro flare.  My husband had a plan when he gave me Ernie.  He knew that having a puppy to love that also needed to get potty trained, I would have to get out of bed and get moving.

Talk to you later! 

Mrs. Scarlet
on 3/11/09 12:17 pm - KS
 Your Hubby sounds like a good man!  I had to chuckle about what you said about being pale, because I'm pale all the time....lol.  My hubby has a joke...he tells me i better not go out in the sun or I'll burst into flames!  LOL  (Sad thing is..hes right..lol)  Have a good rest of the week!
TerryR
on 3/11/09 12:45 pm - High Desert, CA
Thanks, Mrs. Scarlet.  He's a pretty good guy.  I'll probably keep him!  

You have a good week also!

MKPstamps
on 5/11/09 6:19 am - HOT SoCal, CA
I'm in a big flare. My PCP retired and I had to find another. They gave me an appt with someone who didn't know much about fibromonster. I had to give her a bite of humble pie with 6 pages of printouts before she'd pay attention. I got gabapentin that seemed to work at first but doesn't now.

I have another appointment with a new doctor tomorrow who supposedly knows all about fibro.

Right now it's the pain and fog that are about to do me in. I am very blessed that I do not suffer depression. I've had that occur a few times and recognized it right off the bat. I can't imagine having that heaped on the other two things.

I hate when my husband asks how I am that lately it's been the same--everything hurts. When I get like this I try to find what doesn't hurt. Today it's my stomach doesn't hurt. The fog can sometimes be comical with what comes out of my mouth. I've created several new names for common things because I can't remember what they're really called! BUT it's really hard to try to look compitent and hid the fog at work.

I can get up and feel pretty good and within 2 hours feel like I've been run over by a street finishing machine. If I'm fortunate enough for this to occur on a weekend, I can go lay down and take a 30-45 minute nap and the difference is amazing. But working full time, that's not something I can do.

I may ask the doctor to get some time off work to maybe get caught up. Will have to see how I feel tomorrow.
Most Active
Recent Topics