What R Ur Sunday Plans ? ( and Accountability? )

EnjoynLife
on 9/22/24 4:44 am, edited 9/22/24 5:11 am

Yep I?m a little tired and still coughing productively a week after the flu and Covid shots . Pretty much died after 3 PM gardening yesterday and took a bubble bath and snoozed . Didn?t even eat dinner except for a mug of soup and herbal tea latte .

Started the grass laying project though - aim to finish at least 2/3 of it on the main part of the terrace.

Its going to be fun planning and planting the permanent boxes - but they?re on a south facing hot brick wall . Water is ALWAYS an issue here ( can put in a self watering system in a timer ) .

I need to plant desert conditions loving climbers here too ? I?m not sure roses buddleias reblooming irises and clematis, painted daisies and dahlias will work here due to the relentless sun beat down.

Trying large flowering jasmine as the climber out of desperation too - it?s a tropical which I try not to use up north but it can take the heat .

Even the morning glories I?m experimenting with are wilting here mid afternoon grrr . It?s a bit of a 35 foot long tough spot - unless you like thorny cactuses lol!

I?m assembling a panalapan ( a latticed open roof basically ) over the dining table so it can be used during the day . Wisteria , campsis and grapevines should shade it thoroughly and both flower and fruit . We?ll see !

Have to drive out to Long Island in the afternoon to shop at Walmart go to the library to prepare documents for tomorrow and trim back a huge hedge .
Monumental task as always ! Need to collect boat dock rent from two tenants too before they pull their boats without paying . Sometimes I feel like my life is such a mess lol!

B - uneaten three times heated chicken katsu from last night s prospective dinner . Sticky rice veg n peas and golden curry Japanese gravy . Chai tea latte .
Midnite snack confession -1/2 piece of Juniors lemon pound cake , tea . Yep I know it?s bad to eat late .

L- tbd probably something fishy soupy and salad-y .

D- something small like soup n tea .

snack - maybe bites of pastry though I?m getting bored with those - Cajun shrimp ****tail?s a better choice . Or fruit .