What R Ur Thursday Plans?

EnjoynLife
on 9/19/24 2:50 am, edited 9/19/24 4:08 am

Wish I could do this !

Thank God housing court went my way and saving my home is back on the calendar ( tomorrow) rather than back to waiting for eviction by the Marshall lol .

Today will be a well deserved ? rest day ? - by this I mean unpacking and assembling a giant glass three part desk I PRAY will allow me to keep my paperwork in order , repotting a bunch of plants which to make them more or less water self sufficient- managing compost ( I generate probably a gallon of food scraps a day which would be a shame to waste when they make such good soil and feed my other pets - the worms ! and looking into formal exercise .

The other day for the first time since we moved in here 11 months ago I walked to Riverside Park ( shameful? it?s LITERALLY half a block from my building!

Discovered a gorgeous volunteer kept large octagonal flower garden and landscaped walkways leading down to the water - a beautiful spot ! And the riverside walkway itself is level and newly paved so ideal for rollerblade speed skating ( except it?s crowded and infested with highly dangerous speeding e-bikes and e-scooters ?. As is all of NYC . )

You literally can?t step off the sidewalk without taking your life in your hands - these speeding maniacs ( mostly food delivery folks ) don?t respect red lights and literally can KILL you in a collision.

I fail to understand why the City allows them in parks when they are outnumbered 100-1 by pedestrians and regular bikers and the occasional rollerblader , and they threaten running around playing kids and dogs off their leashes.

So I guess my mission now is to secure a pair of blades for NYC - and wrist guards lol in case of accident!

I asked what was on offer at the local gym : Pilates and yoga classes and Soul Cycle which sounds good but they charge $319.00 per MONTH!! .

My Medicare plan ( Healthfirst ) supposedly covers gym costs - we?ll find out .

There is also sculling on the East River - which is far better than rowing on a Peloton with the machine occupying half your living room .. but it?s unquestionably dangerous due to wakes from barges and strong whirlpools of current that have famously sunk many large ships over the years ( not to mention jet skis lol) .

I actually found out about this because a Wall Street guy I knew drowned and DIED and he was a FAR better rower than I am .

A scull is essentially a long and extremely narrow pontoon on the water you balance yourself above to row . Very capsizeable .

This sculling opportunity clearly dates back a century.

Having attended college in Cambridge I like everyone else with eyes I spent considerable time admiring the graceful anachronistic scullers on the Charles River and wished for the opportunity to join them.

I have to explore this further- sign up and try it out . I?m not trying to become a casualty after all these of struggle !

I did get a flu shot last Thursday and the latest Covid booster Monday . My arm swelled up and was VERY tender and I had ( BAD) flu symptoms including no energy constant blowing my nose and an ugly embarrassing cough until today . Still worth it for the protection but be warned !

There?s according to my Dad?s brother a Head of Hospital doctor in Budapest ( where they treat Covid not at all - even for medical professionals!)there are 216 strains of Covid worldwide so how could they possibly treat them all ?

The Covid my Parents and I caught in Hungary despite my booster vaccination before I traveled ) was much more severe than here ( my Dad?s brother was actually hospitalized)

. I understand it?s traveled here or at least some much more virulent and dangerous strain may have .

I doubt we?re getting all the information except in little asides in the media and anecdotally so as ? not to alarm the public?

Several people I know were infected with Covid recently that?s why I got the booster.

Food and exercise yesterday - skipped lunch in the Courthouse except for a soup - too exhausted to cook dinner so had lentil/ falafel hot wrap from Pret - excellent! 3.7 miles of walking . Scarfed down a Pain au Chocolat on the way home .

Today - midnite snack - half pear/ apricot tart , tea

B- Yemeni coffee latte , lentil soup w fresh arugula, probably the ginger scallion lobster w yellow rice, and a Chinese long eggplant/ sugar snap pea stir fry .

D - Katsu chicken ( pounded Panko breaded lightly fried Japanese style with Japanese sticky rice , fresh edamame and peas and Japanese golden curry .

S- papaya , grapes maybe bites of salads ( avocado / cucumber arugula, Japanese seaweed salad ( much better than it sounds ) arugula roasted tomato, orzo .

Recent Topics