Post Surgery Gallbladder Removal

Minnie10
on 2/17/23 4:37 pm

Hello I read that you stated that a general surgeon can have some issues in removing a gallbladder if they don't know the DS anatomy.? That kinda scares me because I have a DS done in 2012 and had my gallbladder out by emergency visit 2 years ago. And a year later I had an intestinal blockage near the left side where the gallbladder was removed. My blockage I was told was 5cm. Stayed in the hospital for 7 days with a NG tube to suction out the blockage out. It was painful with a tube down your nose and down the throat . Now I think about what you said about a general surgeon going in our anatomy and messing with it. Could of been related to what happened to me a year later due to the gallbladder removed.

so far after that experience I have lost an extra 10 pounds and now considered under weight which worries me now. My family thinks something is going wrong with me. I now most likely am going to get my surgery report and see what went on with my gallbladder removal from the general surgeon. Thank you for posting that about a general surgeon issue. It never dawned on me about that there not familiar with a DS.

Minnie10
on 2/17/23 4:45 pm

This note was to the response from Califsleeven.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 2/24/23 7:56 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Dropping an update in here in case it helps someone down the line. I did have my gallbladder removed laparoscopically on February 10th. My two week follow up was Wednesday.

The PA introduced herself by saying she was the person who was holding my gallbladder during surgery. Good times. She also said there were signs of chronic inflammation, so in their opinion surgery was the right choice. Even though it didn't show on the ultrasound, I did have a lot of stones in addition to the sludge. Nothing weird on pathology and they were cholesterol stones.

Since I'm over seven months out from my initial SADI, they checked everything while they were in the area. No adhesions and everything looks good. It was nice to get the bonus review.

I do now have a diagonal dent in my stomach running from the big incision where the removal was to the next lowest incision. Apparently it's from the deep sutures they place and it may or may not stay with me when they dissolve. She said if they had seen it like that, they would have fixed it. Hard to know at the time.

So yeah...if your body tells you something is out of the ordinary, listen to it! I got lucky to have reacted to it early but it was inflamed by the time it was removed. Take care, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Most Active
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Recent Topics
Smelly gas
1Mari_sunflower · 3 replies · 60 views
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 6 replies · 717 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1471 views