Weight Loss, How after 5 to 10+ Years

Sunshine16
on 4/12/19 6:16 am, edited 4/11/19 11:16 pm

Yes getting your common channel to 75 wis helpful. But I am not sure how my body would hand the deficiency. If I do not take my Vitamin K for 2 days I bruise fast, when I do not take my calcium my teeth goes bad, and etc. I am definitely on Vitamins and Suplements for the rest of my life. However, it must be nice....mnice....my weight seems to go up now almost every year. I'm trying right now to find out what works best for me to lose weight. And dont mention my Iron....my energy is always low, unless I take them...but that runs in my family with the women who has cycles.

SW / CW / GW 292 / 188 / 174 - Height 5'7, Size 10

Liz J.
on 4/12/19 7:13 am
DS on 11/29/16

I'm only about 2.5 years out but I hit my lowest, which was 30lbs lower than my doctor set for my goal, and I only stayed at it a day before I gained back 3lbs... I know it's only 3lbs BUT that's where I felt the best! Both of my doctors say I'm fine, I want back at that weight...

Do what makes you feel good. Your tool will still work no matter how far out you are from surgery. There is a lady that come to one of the support groups I go to. She is 11 years out from the DS and just lost all her regain in a few months, 32lbs!

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Sunshine16
on 4/13/19 12:49 am

Hi Liz, that is very encouraging...tencouraging...the 32 pounds. Do you know how she lost her weight?

Liz J.
on 4/15/19 6:28 am
DS on 11/29/16

High protein, low carb, and walking 5-6 miles everyday!

HW: 398.8 SW:356 GW: 175 CW:147

Petunia
on 4/16/19 5:07 am

I'll be 13 years out this year and had recently reached my highest weight of 152 since surgery. 140 was my personal goal but I have always felt better in the low 130's. So in February I made some changes to my eating habits.

I started by not eating anything after dinner and having tea instead of treats. Eating a strict low carb, 20 or under carbs, which also helped with the sugar cravings. I try to eat a good three meals a day with no snacking in between. Good protein and good vegetables like spinach and broccoli, salad greens, cauliflower. No diet sodas either. I also eat my meals at 10-2-6 which leaves 16 hours of not eating.

I weigh everyday regardless of my eating the previous day and use the app My Fitness Pal to keep track.

I made a list why it was important to lose the weight and I would read it daily in the beginning.

This morning I weighed 135 pounds so a 17 pound drop in 2 months and one of those months was on a month long camping vacation. (took my scale with me) We ate out once a day but I made healthier choices with my meals.

I should also say to have patience, last year I gave up because I thought the weight would fall off fast but it really doesn't.

Hope this helps,

Ruby

Sunshine16
on 4/18/19 6:23 pm

Thank you for sharing this portion of your journey, it was very encouraging. Right now I'm addicted to coffee, with flavored powder creamer....but I use Stevia. If I can get rid of that I will be good. The Coke Zero, but I don't think that's bad....but again thanks.

Recent Topics