Lunches at work?

Valerie G.
on 10/17/18 1:26 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm like you - constantly snacking -- lots and lots of cheese.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Crazeru
on 10/16/18 5:00 pm

I pick up sliced cheese at Sams (med cheddar, swiss, colby, hot pepper...) and dry salami or lunch meat generally ham. I quarter the cheese. fold 2 or 3 slices of salami between two pieces of cheese. 4 or 5 little sandwiches and I'm full for 1.5-2 hrs. Deli meat with cream cheese and a piece of cheese rolled up. 2-4 rolls ups. Brisket at Sams - clean up the fat (save to add to the puppies food as a topper). And bring a sandwich bag, maybe eat 3 or 4 slices.

I do make my own low carb breakfast bowl. Cook up a sausage, cut in bite size pieces, put some fried french fries/tator tots (just a few), sprinkle on cheese, top with scrambled eggs with sausage/ham/bacon and cheese with more cheese on top. Pop in the microwave for a min or so and a hot breakfast.

Tuna/chicken salad put on quarter slices of cheese (6 to 8) then back in the ice chest. Or a whole kiebasa sausage browned and cut into bite size pieces. Generally, two meals.

Like Janet, I graze all day - every hour or two I'm eating something. I generally always have peanuts, cashews, almonds that I can eat a few to tide me over for 15 min or so.

When lazy, I'll pick up 6 Lunchables with ham & cheese and turkey and cheese with 2 cookies. I do eat the crackers. Most of the time I try to avoid the bread.

I bring leftovers too. I always have different cheeses in the fridge. Mostly, I've been smoking extra sharp cheddar, jack and smoked gouda (more smoke). I use the Amaze-N-12. It's a 12" tube that you put BBQ pellets in a cold BBQ and smoke for 4 hrs. Maple and apple or even hickory.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Valerie G.
on 10/17/18 1:29 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

When I worked in an office environment (work remotely now), I ate out, mostly. I loved the power Mediterranean chicken salad from Wendys and Moe's for a good protein punch lunch.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

TheWombat
on 10/17/18 3:37 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

We're fortunate that we have a canteen where I work, so I don't pack lunch. There's a salad bar that almost always includes a lentil dish, and there's usually at least one bean soup on offer, so there are good options for post-WLS vegans. I get a chuckle about how much less I'm spending these days. My lunches used to be ?4 or ?5. Now the cashiers don't bother to weigh my teeny tiny salad plate, they just charge me about ?3 for the salad and a half-bowl of soup.

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/18 6:04 pm
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/18 1:18 pm
Recent Topics