Any dropoff

Noodle65
on 10/9/18 12:43 pm
DS on 10/18/12

I am six years out this month and still lose if I don't eat a ton. I never really watched my carbs but I do eat a ton of protein and fat. I get about 100g of protein from powder via green smoothies and additional from beef and chicken. My common channel is 200.

Blessings

Julie

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/18 7:31 pm
kairosgrammy
on 10/17/18 11:14 am
RNY on 10/17/17
On October 8, 2018 at 5:12 AM Pacific Time, jmm1234 wrote:

I have been reading posts about people gaining weight a number of years after their WLS, and I'm wondering what people have experienced in the degradation of the malabsorption ability. I recently read a post where an RNYer noted about 18 months to 2 months out, the malabsorption stopped working.

My surgeon told me he expected a drop-off at some point for DS patients but offered no specifics. So far I'm 4 years out heading into year 5 on a SADi DS and seem to be in a very strong malabsorption mode still, but I would like to know what people have experienced over the long haul for any WLS they have had (RNY, Any version of DS, etc).

I have found similar information so I'm sure that malabsorption shouldn't be counted on in the long term. It will always be about what we eat. I also knows that they don't advise stopping your vitamins so that is kind of contradictory.

Valerie G.
on 10/17/18 1:43 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

SADI doesn't have a lot of data, I'm afraid. You're a walking, talking experimental state that should be watched and recorded with your experiences.

I'm 13 years post-DS and still malabsorb plenty. I've regained about 14% of what I lost and am not complaining one bit, because I maintain effortlessly now.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Recent Topics