Failed DS frustration

Louise H.
on 7/2/18 8:19 pm

Oh, now I see. That is really frustrating. I think I'd try to get new insurance, or research getting surgery out of the country. I frequently see comments from people who are really happy with the surgeries they have had in different countries. Of course it takes a lot of research first, but it's so much cheaper.

I do think you need a really good doctor to figure out what's going on with you though, with a lot of good experience. And I don't blame you at all for not dieting right now.

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/18 9:46 am

I can't go out of the country. My husband is against it and I have to many health issues to worry about if something happened to me. I work in a funeral home and we have had 3 deaths from mexico from surgeries from different parts of mexico over the 9 years I have been working for the funeral industry. So that is a BIG no to me. It takes an act of congress to get a body back to the US and is super expensive. Not that I think I would die it just does not work for me or my family. SO I rather be in the states GOD forbid if something does happen to me and I want a skilled surgeon which is why I found Dr. A in Denton.

I haven't said anything about dieting right now lol that must be a different thread or someone else. I am always on a diet. Every day I wake up and try again. I am trying to work more on my proteins since that is important with the DS.

Thanks for your input I appreciate that.

Louise H.
on 7/7/18 10:06 pm

Wow. What a background. I completely understand now why you would only want to stay in the U.S. no matter what the expense.

I realized as soon as I sent my post I was conflating you with someone else. Sorry!

MarinaGirl
on 7/5/18 7:46 am

For the sake of others who may be open to self-pay in Mexico, the BEST DS surgeon is Dr. Esquerra at Mexicali Bariatric Center. He is very skilled and has only positive reviews online. Many OH members have had successful and safe surgeries with him.

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/18 8:38 am

Depression is a horrible thing to deal with. I am sorry for the miscarriages you had. It can be heartbreaking when that happens.

one thing maybe good to do is reach out to a therapist to help you get your emotions on track.

life can be an emotional roller coaster. So many ups and downs.

One thing I am learning is that bad stuff happens and so does good also.

I have no answers for the DS questions but getting emotional help does help with the process.

Take care

ldyminerva
on 7/24/18 8:19 am - Capital area, MI

I feel you. I never got below the 240s, even when I did EVERYTHING right and worked out, it was only a matter of 5 pounds.

Ive always felt like I failed my DS. But I'm 10 years out now and I don't really give a **** anymore honestly. If my body likes 240 than so be it, I'm not killing myself and obsessing over carbs and beating myself up anymore for 5 pounds!

the only reason I've lost weight this last year and I'm down to 222, is cuz I'm sick and vomit 13 days a month....still looking for a diagnosis but think it's Gastroparesis, and honestly, rather gain that weight back than go through this hell.

You can't spend your life, like I've done, letting this be all of who you are. You'll drive yourself insane.

So my advice is find out what's going on, do your best, exercise when you can, consider therapy...but mostly, understand that you're beautiful no matter what you weigh....that's just a number.

Jenny - HW 350/ SW 325/CW 222

"I'm a pretty pretty princess, damnit!"

julanie
on 7/31/18 12:25 pm - Arlington, TX
DS on 09/17/12

You response sounds like i could have written it! I'm so lucky...I have a husband that sticks by me no matter what and I still stay active even though I'm big. Last month I went to seaworld with my girl scout troop and kept up with my girls while we walked 12+ miles and slept on the ground in the park. When the trip was over and I was back in the van i shouted "the chubby girl kept up with you skinny peeps"! The scale number really is just that. A number.

I think that what really disturbed me and made me post this a month ago was how awful Dr Frenzel treated me. I'm in much better head space now a month later. But I cried for a long time after seeing him. I felt so judged and was treated poorly by his PA and then by him. Most bariatric surgeons are compassionate. But I had "the nerve" to talk bad about my prior surgeon who Dr f seemed to truly like and respect.

unfortunately I have a hernia on my incision line from my panniculectomy and last csection. It's pooching out significantly and is making activity harder...it hurts and burns when I overdo it. I also have gallstones. I have been watching my weight creep up slowly. So I thought if I can get a surgeon to shorten my common channel while removing my gall bladder and fixing my hernia...what do I have to lose at this point?

Julanie

Garden Fairy in training, according to my daughter
12angels2
on 8/1/18 5:22 pm

Hi, I havent had any weight loss surgery, I am looking into it currently, my comments are purely relating to drs and unethical treatment. I have had some horrible experiences while trying to get medical care from being discharged while having suicidal ideation to having a surgeon looking at someone elses chart and arguing with me that I needed to do things I had already done(which he didn't know because he was looking at the wrong chart). I have noticed that my health problems 7 out of 10 times will all be attributed to my weight no matter what they are. I was told by 2 different drs that my auto immune condition was due to my weight when they had many tests in front of them saying I had an auto immune condition that I was diagnosed with 2 months after they both said I just needed to loose weight.

When your over weight it is looked at to be your fault... and the cause of all your issues... I get so nervous seeing new drs I have panic attacks before the appointments because I dont know how I'm going to get treated by that dr...

It's very hard to stay positive also I have contacted surgeon in my area to see about the sips surgery...

I hope you can get some answers and find a respectful professional.

Cassie