Not Eating Enough - what do you eat?!?

IfYouDare7
on 10/24/17 3:03 pm
DS on 09/05/17

Hi! I'm new here but have been reading through a lot of your posts before joining the site- so thank you all for sharing your experiences. You are helping so many.

I'm about 2 months out but realizing food no longer brings much satisfaction. I try to focus on high protein foods mostly but I think if something seems unappealing, I end up just not eating it. Taking all my vitamins but some days I'm not hitting my protein goals. Basically, I don't have much of an appetite, and when I do- I'm yearning for something carby so I just end up not eating. I know that's not good. What do you eat regularly/ what are your go to foods? I am hoping to feel inspired to cook once again (or even buy convenient food). Anything to get myself interested again. Thanks!

PattyL
on 10/24/17 6:34 pm

If you are low in protein, drink a shake. Be happy about your disinterest in food. You will lose more, faster. And believe me the day will come when you want food again.

Some of my simple favorites are deli meat/cream cheese rollups. Cheese and sausage cubes. And there is always jerky. Tuna salad/chicken salad.

IfYouDare7
on 10/25/17 4:25 pm
DS on 09/05/17
Thanks I'll give your suggestions a try
Mini.me
on 10/25/17 7:32 pm

What are cheese and sausage cubes?

Revision from Sleeve to DS (with re-Sleeve) on 10/10/17. Slow and steady ...

Beam me up Scottie
on 10/24/17 8:33 pm
I read your post. I'm confused, why are you so upset?

Drink a protein shake or two everyday, and take your vitamins, if you don't eat much more than that...you'll survive and lose weight quickly.

Appetite does return.....so enjoy your honeymoon phase.

Scott
IfYouDare7
on 10/25/17 4:25 pm
DS on 09/05/17
Thanks, to answer your question: I don't want to feel completely exhausted and become malnourished. Also, I'm not necessarily looking for the fastest possible weight loss. Knowing the pounds are coming off eventually even at a slower but steady pace is good for me. I'm sure many people here have done the quick loss thing and re-gained (I have plenty of times) so it wasn't my priority going in.
Beam me up Scottie
on 10/25/17 11:34 pm
It would take many months of not taking your supplements to become malnourished. You'll live through a few month stint of not eating a lot.

As for speed...I'd recommend getting to goal as fast as you can, while you are in the honeymoon phase.
Valerie G.
on 10/25/17 10:29 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I shared your aversion to food for a good 9 months. With this in mind, get to know your high-protein options and just eat strategically, since eating for pleasure is out of the picture for a while.

I got a little bit of pleasure with sweet options, and with the help of Splenda, I always kept baked custard and flourless peanut butter cookies (6g protein each cookie) on hand.

Ricotta cheese was my other go-to food. It packs 7g of protein in a tiny 1/4 cup.

You can make it savory by adding sauce and mozzarella and baking for a noodle-less lasagna effect.

You can make it a sweet treat by combining a tub of ricotta with a box of SF pudding mix. Beat in enough cream to get the consistency of pudding.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

IfYouDare7
on 10/25/17 4:26 pm
DS on 09/05/17
Thanks this is really helpful
helferships
on 10/26/17 4:55 am
RNY on 11/14/16

Would you mind sharing the recipe for your flourless peanut butter cookies? They sound yum.

Thanks!