Sad day

NANNY13
on 9/6/17 11:19 am
WLS on 12/21/15

oh- and the clothes that are falling off of you? Put a big bag together and look for a consignment shop that you want to shop in. They will take yours and give you money or clothes. Don't donate them all. That way you should not be spending so much. More of a trade out for something that fits and is amazing that you can wear for a week or 2 before that goes back on consignment. You are doing amazing! No worries! I am so excited for you!

airbender
on 9/7/17 4:02 am

to a certain extent we all go through this,I'll never eat this or that, in time you will realize you can eat anything BUT just not the quantities you ate before and sometimes it is like....thank god I dont constantly think about food...so the opposite. but when you get better and the nausea is better (you already had a vsg you just added the intestinal bypass, so I dont understand why you are nauseated) clothes shopping is great, but with continued weight loss you can really put a dent in the wallet, i went to second hand stores. its ok to try to find joy you are having a hard time and you cant see any light at the end of the tunnel, just do it wisely...good luck on your journey to health.

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

megange1
on 9/7/17 10:24 am

I was resleeved at the same time. I also had my gall bladder and appendix removed, so it was a major, open surgery. Hence my nausea again. My sleeve was way too big. Thank you so much for your advice. I can't wait until I stop thinking about food. I'm starting to hate eating because it makes my nauseous most of the time.

Crazeru
on 9/7/17 10:52 am

Are you taking Prilosec or a different protein pump inhibitor (ppi). I know a lot of folks needed it after their DS. I was one of the lucky ones without any problems. My tummy sometimes said no to a food, but that was rare.

Is there a food that you can eat that doesn't bother your new tummy? Mashed potatoes? You can add Unjury unflavored protein to the potatoes.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

megange1
on 9/7/17 11:08 am

Yes I take Prilosec twice a day and anti nausea meds 4 times a day. I was even in the hospital 2 weeks ago for 5 days where they did every test they could think of to try to get me to stop throwing up. They couldn't find a real reason why, so I just sort of push through each day. There is no consistency to what I'm able to keep down and what I can't. Each day is different unfortunately. Mashed potatoes work sometimes. I'm mainly still on liquid protein until I can get a handle on the nausea. If I could just get a handle on the throwing up, I feel I'd be okay....

Crazeru
on 9/7/17 12:44 pm

I sent you a PM.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

Lisa_at_the_beach
on 9/13/17 10:12 am - Raleigh, NC

I totally understand how you feel. A month after my surgery I went to Whole Foods and it totally overwhelmed me. I felt a real sense of loss for food and actually grieved. What I didn't realize is that in time I will be able to eat normally again. Of course my normal changed, but it isn't a hardship. I eat food I enjoy and enjoy cooking and sharing with my friends and family. You have a lot to look forward to, I know it's hard. I also had a problem with nausea, and dry heaved constantly, throwing up even if I just took a drink of water. My surgeon prescribed Ondansetron and Zofran those helped, he also recommended Claritin and believe it or not that is what did the trick. Be kind to yourself and keep remembering how much better your life will be in a very short while.

Bellamia78
on 10/17/17 12:06 am
DS on 10/10/17

I'm only 1 week post op but already had some minor setbacks.... almost immediately when I started the protein shakes I realized I was getting severely nauseous and sick sometimes diarrhea.... came to realize I may be temporarily lactose intolerant or even permanent... apparently that happens sometimes.... and since almost all protein shakes or powder contain whey I had to switch to an alternative.... maybe that could be your sensitivity also??? Just a thought... and also after months of research I came to realize the roller coaster effect it's going to play in our emotional well-being... we've gone through so much.... hang in there... I think it's gonna be okð?'?