RYN Revision to DS Complications

Mary_Alida
on 8/9/17 5:28 pm - HOldenville, OK

There are a few in TX but I can't find anything about them

dcopehp
on 8/10/17 3:08 pm - New York, NY

There are two surgeons in TX that do it as well as one in ATL. If you go to dsfacts.com or baratricfacts.com, they have a list of doctors who do it.

Beam me up Scottie
on 8/8/17 8:14 pm
I would rely more heavily on the skill of your surgeon than general risks.

I've seen a few people on this site (over the 11 years I've been here) get butchered, but most do well.

I'd really really really REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY (did I say really) make sure you have a surgeon that has done this surgery before. I'd travel to find someone that has done not just one but a few of these revisions.

I'm not trying to scare you but this revision is COMPLICATED!!!! SUPER complicated.

Sorry to be the dark cloud ....but this is not a virgin DS and it's challenging to get a full revision because they have to take down your RNY (and if that goes ok) they can perform the DS.

Gavin B.
on 8/11/17 8:43 am - Orlando, FL

Dr. Ayoola did mine 3 weeks ago. He is Denton, TX.

jemontague
on 8/14/17 1:41 pm - Rio Linda, CA

I had my revision from rny to DS on July 27... The day you posted this ironically. I live in Idaho, but traveled to Pasadena California for the procedure with Dr. Ara Keshishian www.dssurgery.com . I did my research and met with a couple of surgeons before making this decision. I am doing well and have not had any complications. Dr. K is definitely one of the top for this procedure, if not THE best. I would highly recommend at least a consultation. He does do video chat as well, btw. Also, he does other procedures lap, but the rny to DS he does as an open surgery. I'm happy to a sweet any specific questions about my experience. Good luck