Need pep talk...

megange1
on 7/10/17 2:48 pm

Thank you so much! That means a lot when you can can't sleep and someone is just nice to you!

Katetolov
on 7/10/17 1:00 am

I've had a few revisions and don't have ds wisdom to offer you other than another supportive voice. I am going to go to Dr. Rabkin too. Thank you for being so transparent your poster helping othersð?' During one of my revisions I remember feeling especially restless. Looking forward to hearing the good news and watching your progress!

megange1
on 7/10/17 2:51 pm

I have to say that Dr. Rabkin is the best doctor of any kind that I've ever had. He calls daily for updates, is so knowledgeable, he checked on me every day in the hospital, and calls my husband for updates. He is so amazing. I have to say that I was scared of the open procedure, and it hurt more, but man, he made my scar so perfectly straight and right in the middle, that my husband and I joke that I'll just look super ripped when it heals! I think Rabkin is the absolute best!

islandgirl55
on 7/10/17 10:35 am

I had a great difficulty sleeping for more than 2 hrs at a time. Sometimes, when I have undergone anesthesia I have disrupted sleep. I didn't have much pain at all after the DS but being a little obsessed with eating was the norm. Heck I was so nervous about not getting enough protein or fat to the point where I had to remember to read my post op instructions over and over so I didn't try to push myself too far, too quickly.

I did in the end, use a Tylenol PM at bedtime to help me get a good night sleep and tried to walk a reasonable amount of time to wear myself out. Decent sleep makes me better able to handle stress and worry.

Good luck and be patient with yourself.

RNY revision to Lap DS  Feb, 2016, Dr. Ayoola. 

HW 235/SW 184/CW 127

megange1
on 7/10/17 2:52 pm

I finally took a little sleeping aid my doctor prescribed and I SLEPT last night, and feel way better! Sleep is an amazing thing!

megange1
on 7/10/17 2:52 pm

I read my restrictions daily just to be sure :)

MsOnie77
on 7/10/17 12:28 pm

Hi,

I recently revision from Sleeve to SIPS on 5/24/17. The pain was minimal as long as I got up and walked some every couple of hours. Weight loss was very good in the beginning, but have slowed down. I was out of work for 1 month, but I got a B12 shot and that helped tremendously. Good luck on your journey...

megange1
on 7/10/17 2:53 pm

Thank you so much! What was the B12 shot for?

MsOnie77
on 7/10/17 3:54 pm

It gave me the boost of energy I needed to get up and move around more easily.

Valerie G.
on 7/11/17 11:31 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It took a good six weeks from my virgin DS. Just make it "business", knowing that this is what to expect, and what you do on your part. Once you can remove your emotions from it all, you just do what is in your control. If you're really feeling down, though, do mention it to your doc. Some go through a depression post-op, and it's treatable if the doc knows about it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes