2 years post DS needing help

shel2
on 6/2/17 11:08 am

Had DS 2 years ago. Havent focused on weight loss due to surgeries and other medical issues. I need help getting back on track. And food/recipe ideas? I still have alot of weight to lose. Has anyone had another bariatric surgery after DS? If so, what?

RosieHawk
on 6/3/17 6:39 pm - Ottawa, Canada

You admit you haven't even worked your DS yet so why would you be wondering about a revision to something else. I would get back to basics and focus on a low carb (under 30g), high protein (150g) and drink your water. Stay away from sugar and flour. Also, if you're able you need to get moving.

HW 290/ SW 250/ GW 140-145/ LW 120/ CW 168

REACHED GOAL IN 8 MONTHS WITH MY DS!!!
FEB.22/ 08>> DS & JAN.23/ 09>> Breast Lift, Fleur de lis abdominoplasty, hernia repair
NOTE: My weight crept back up over the last 2.5 years, but I'm gonna stop that shit NOW!

shel2
on 6/3/17 7:21 pm

I worded this poorly. I did work my D'S the first year. I didn't have the best outcome. Then in the 2nd year I had 3 different surgeries and that is when I wasn't focused on my weight loss. But I appreciate your advice and am going back to the low carbs, high proteins and get my water in. But even in the first year I was getting about 90 g of proteins a day limited carbs 64-70oz water. and my weight loss was still very slow. My primary care Dr beleived my commen is too long. He would like me to consider seeing a different bariatric surgeon, to assure that the anatomy and procedure were correct. That was why I asked the question regarding revisions or other surgery. thanks

* Nicole *
on 6/4/17 7:46 am

I like your primary Dr. I would agree with him. If you are struggling that bad your common channel could be too long or you werent given a true DS. In this case Id do what he is saying (its rare to have a good PCP like that, which understands the DS).

In the mean time get back to the nitty gritty, so Drs have few excuses to help.

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

Valerie G.
on 6/4/17 8:21 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Okay, my spidey senses are tingling. If your cc is too long, I suspect you may not have received a real DS, but instead one of these new hybrids that have only been around for a couple of years (aka SIPS, SADI, LoopDS). A standard DS has a cc around 75-125cm. If yours is closer to 300, then you likely got one of the hybrids that are still experimental and data about how much you should lose just isn't out there.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

shel2
on 6/4/17 9:44 am

Unfortunately after the fact, I found out I was his 5th DS surgery, but had a wonderful reputation for bariatric surgery (gastric bypass) According to surgical report my cc is 200 which my pcp said was basically a waste of time/money to be as effective as what I needed. Also in the surgical report he stated "created a very generous sleeve gastrectomy so the stomach was twice as large as the tradition sleeve gastrectomy." The report sates he did a "Duodenal switch with partial gastric resection" My pcp has referred me to another bariatric surgeon. He is concerned not only with the length of the cc but is the anatomy correct. I am going back to the basics of protein, minimal carbs, exercise, and maintaining my water intake.