In need of help and advice..... please

MarineWife29
on 5/30/17 3:03 pm

Hello all,

I had my gastric bypass in November 2012 and as of the past year I've gain a significant amount of weight. I have Tricare insurance but am willing to pay out of pocket, therefore, I've contacted Dr. Esquerra office in Mexicali but was told by Nina that Dr. Esquerra does NOT perform RNY to DS revisions. So, I can get my RNY revised only but I really wanted the DS.

Can anyone give me some information, advice and/or a new doctors to contact..... please!

PattyL
on 5/30/17 3:21 pm

Are you in Cali? Check out Keshishian.

larra
on 5/30/17 6:08 pm - bay area, CA

RNY to DS revisions are very complex and challenging. There are very few surgeons who do this type of revision, the rate of complications is significant, and I wouldn't recommend going to anyone in Mexico for this.

Your options in the USA include Dr. Keshishian in Glendale, CA (a suburb of Los Angeles), Dr. John Rabkin in San Francisco, Dr. Ayoola in Denton, TX, and I believe Dr. Simper in Utah. There are probably a couple others I'm leaving out, but you get the idea - depending on where you are, you will probably need to travel.

You can call the offices of these surgeons for their self-pay rates.

Larra

Valerie G.
on 5/31/17 9:11 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Last I heard, Tri-care now covers the DS, or is the fact that it's a revision what's causing them to deny?

Others to try (I'm not sure they do revisions, but they have great reputations) would be Dr. Baltazar in Spain or Dr. Marchenesi in Brazil.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Janet P.
on 6/1/17 11:46 am

Hazem Elariny in Fairfax, VA also does the RNY to DS revision.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny