I HATE ANTIBIOTICS

Beam me up Scottie
on 4/11/17 5:02 pm
I never get sick. Really...never! The DS not only cured my obesity...I'm healthier than ever.

But this past week, I got a sinus infection and had to do a course of antibiotics and steroids.

OMG......NOW everything I eat makes me feel bloated. Even water! I'm not sure what to do...probiotics make me feel bloated too-I've tried all of those.

SO any thoughts on how to resolve this? I haven't felt this way since when I first had the DS.

Scott
airbender
on 4/11/17 7:24 pm

depending on your issue you should be off of antibiotics in a few days. I understand about the bloating, ewww that really stinks. Probiotics make you bloated? have you tried RX VSL#3DS? it does take a bit to populate the gu****ch your intake, but not much to offer

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

Beam me up Scottie
on 4/11/17 8:23 pm
Sunday was my last dose.

Yes, probiotics really make me bloated ???

I probably need to try VSG 3. the last few days have been terrible. I might need to break down and try them
Snowbutterfly
on 4/13/17 5:08 pm

It could be the steroids that are causing the bloating too. Steroids can cause water retention and increased hunger. It will go away once your done with them.

Beam me up Scottie
on 4/13/17 6:08 pm
Yes, they did, I gained "5" lbs in 3 days...but that already started to come off.

This is more an after eating thing. I actually have taken Val's suggestion (on another post) and started using Apple cider vinegar. Hopefully that will help.
larra
on 4/14/17 7:38 pm - bay area, CA

If the apple cider vinegar doesn't work, it could be bacterial overgrowth from the antibiotics, and a short course of flagyl might help.

Larra

Beam me up Scottie
on 4/15/17 5:34 pm
Thanks Larra,

It's got slightly better. Not 100 percent, but it's much better than it was a couple of days ago. I just didn't want to start another antiboitic, I know Flagyl is safe....just not a big fan of over medicating.

On the plus side most fo the water weight is gone....but I'm still hungrier than I was before the steroid.