Quick questions

megange1
on 4/9/17 3:53 pm

Hi,

Just a few quick questions.

1) For those that had open procedures, did they give you a binder of sorts after surgery?

2) Any recommendations on good probiotics? I've tried some in the past and they've upset my stomach.

3) I've been looking at Vitalady for my post surgery vitamins and I like how organized and easy it seems. Anyone have any good/bad thoughts on using her supplements?

Thank you!!!

Janet P.
on 4/10/17 9:22 am
On April 9, 2017 at 10:53 PM Pacific Time, megange1 wrote:

Hi,

Just a few quick questions.

1) For those that had open procedures, did they give you a binder of sorts after surgery?

2) Any recommendations on good probiotics? I've tried some in the past and they've upset my stomach.

3) I've been looking at Vitalady for my post surgery vitamins and I like how organized and easy it seems. Anyone have any good/bad thoughts on using her supplements?

Thank you!!!

1. Can't answer because my DS was lap - but I did have a binder post-op.
  2. I currently take Garden of Life Primal Defense HSO - I like it better than Ultra because HSO is shelf stable and doesn't have to be refrigerated.
  3. I was using Vitalady exclusively for years. Loved all of their vitamins and loved supporting a small business. I never used their pre-packaged vitamins (they started that after I was already using their vitamins). Last year I started having trouble getting some of my much needed vitamins (primarily iron and calcium). They were having serious QC issues with their suppliers (backordered) and unfortunately I have stopped getting my vitamins from them. I hope that if they ever resolve their supplier issues I will go back. Starting taking Citracal as my calcium and I'm able to get all my other vitamins through Amazon. No more iron for me - just went for infusions because I simply don't absorb oral iron.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Valerie G.
on 4/10/17 1:39 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I was given two binders in the hospital that I took home with me. They were like security blankets for a couple of weeks.

If you're not having a good experience with pills, try some apple cider vinegar drinks (Bragg makes some or you can mix your own with unfiltered ACV). It's not as strong as the pills, but my body reacts well to it and fast.

I don't know anyone who went deficient on vitalady's regime. It's a great launch, then you can tweak according to your labs.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Beam me up Scottie
on 4/10/17 5:18 pm
1) Yes I had a binder and wore it for a couple of months.

2) I do not use probiotics. They cause me more gastric issues than most other types of supplements.

3) I use the Vitalady Regime and have for years. I do adjust with regular blood work. On this last set of labs I increased my E and K1. In the past I have increased D, decreased B, increased zinc. etc.

Changes vary by year. Her supplements are competitively priced and she will review your labs if you are having issues. I buy mine from a variety of sources though. I buy calcium, B vits, and zinc from walmart. My multi comes from Vitamin Shoppe. I buy my A,D,E,Ks from her; unless they are back ordered and then I will buy them from Amazon.

Scott
airbender
on 4/11/17 7:34 pm

I have had multiple abdominal procedures, yes I was given a binder every time

I did not start taking a probiotic till about 5 year PO, and the best probiotic that doesn't bloat me is the RX, VSL#3DS

I never used vitalady, pros and cons to everything. I have some concerns with some of those levels at least to start with. I would suggest if you want the convenience take them for a few months, then get your blook work then start specializing to your specific needs

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.