Calories after the DS

Snowbutterfly
on 4/1/17 9:37 pm

Thank u for your response! Do u track what u eat or aside from your set breakfast and protein drink just eat what ever? Congrats on hitting goal so fast! I see your info says RNY to DS, did you find that the weight loss was significantly slower? I know people say revision is much slower weight loss but I like to ask anyways.

islandgirl55
on 4/4/17 1:07 pm

I definitely track my food intake on MyFitnessPal. It keeps me aware of protein and fat intake and carbs. I have to admit, I am aware that if I'm not careful, the weight will creep up. I try not to worry about calories but it is hardwired into my head. I try to keep them in mind when I make protein and fat choices. I don't think my weight loss was slower but it sort of fell off if I didn't obsess about it. As long as it was going in the right direction and I followed the plan I didn't worry too much. I really didn't do much in the way of exercise but I did run up and down steps and walk the dogs. Now, I joined a walking group and was trying some aerobic activity. I think I'm going to add strength training but I am still aware that I have not arrived and still a work in progress. Keeping the weight off is hard work. Much harder for me than actually losing weight. Good luck.

RNY revision to Lap DS  Feb, 2016, Dr. Ayoola. 

HW 235/SW 184/CW 127