Protein drinks/shakes

Primrose
on 3/9/17 10:00 pm
DS on 04/18/17

Hello. I'm having a revision to a DS next month, and I'm trying to get as much info as I can.

I'm curious about what protein shakes/mixes you all have used and liked? If you have links to them, that would be even more appreciated.

Thanks!

PeteA
on 3/10/17 1:16 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I like Optimum Nutrition 100% whey powder. All of the chocolates and most of the other flavors I've found to be good. I mix mine with water in a blender bottle.

I tried premium premixed protein shakes early on but they were too thick for me.

These days I usually wait until the ON is on sale somewhere like Vitamin Shoppe. Initially, I just ordered from Amazon via the link below. The amazon price is the same as the standard price at GNC and Vitamin Shoppe.

https://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Standard-Protein-Ch ocolate/dp/B000QSTBNS/ref=sr_1_2_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1489 180441&sr=1-2&keywords=optimum+nutrition+whey+protein

Pete

Primrose
on 3/11/17 7:33 pm
DS on 04/18/17

Thanks a lot for the link, I like having that info to look at.

I hear you on thickness. I did shakes for a bit after my sleeve and the thick ones were really hard to take for me. I will look into this and keep in mind about the sales to watch out for.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

south2north
on 3/10/17 3:04 pm
DS on 11/19/14

I like the Premier Protein ready to drink shakes (I get them at Sam's Club) my favorite is Banana, then vanilla. I'm not big into chocolate or strawberry, but they have those flavors as well. I tried so many different kinds in the beginning, but couldn't stomach them, but I've always liked these and their convenient. Good luck & best wishes!

Primrose
on 3/11/17 7:34 pm
DS on 04/18/17

OoOO banana, that sounds good! I have a friend with a Sam's membership. I'm going to look into this. Thank you so much!

NoreenRT
on 3/10/17 6:35 pm - Warner Robins, GA

My tastes are the same as Pete's. Optimum Nutrition powder is good. I mix mine with hot or iced coffee, or into milk.

Not a big fan of the Premier RTD. The flavors taste too artificial for me, but I know lots of DSers who love them.

Noreen  HW 352 / SW 324 / CW 175/ LW/ 148 / GW 150   (achieved Aug 14 '11)

Primrose
on 3/11/17 7:58 pm
DS on 04/18/17

I appreciate the feedback. I would have never thought to mix into coffee. Thanks!

Beam me up Scottie
on 3/10/17 10:22 pm
I don't use protein shakes anymore but I use to use body fortress from Walmart.

It was cheap and tasted ok.

I still eat 2 Atkins bars a day though- MOSTLY because I like the way they taste and I rarely have time during the day for breakfast and I like to eat one at night for an after dinner snack.

I can consume enough protein through food though.

Scott
Primrose
on 3/11/17 7:59 pm
DS on 04/18/17

I'm sure I'll eventually get to where I get all of my protein via food, but I know at first I'll be needing the shakes. I'll pop by Walmart and grab a body fortress. Thanks!!

Valerie G.
on 3/12/17 2:41 pm, edited 3/12/17 7:42 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Make your first investment one of single servings of several brands and flavors and don't taste anything until you are post op. So many have wasted hundreds on drinks that they liked only to discover they taste like poison after surgery.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes