Need suggestions for low-carb diet

leslieanne729
on 2/8/17 6:57 pm

I'm back it's been many years since I've been around so I want to say hi everyone ! ?  I've gained 15 pounds from my lowest and I'm looking for ideas on how to get the weight off. Everyone says low-carb or no carb please give me any suggestions on meals or tricks eating low-carb or no carb because it seems like carbs are in everything

RNY 2002 (regained everything)   Revised to DS 2007
5'8"  SW 246 - GW 150 - LW 143 - CW-148
Follow Your Dreams.... & Hold On To Them !!  

Angel to Karen W
Angel to MIssy
PattyL
on 2/8/17 10:23 pm

Read about Atkins Induction diet.  If you are finding carbs in everything, you are probably exposed to a lot of over processed food.  Think simple.  Eggs, meat, cheese.  You can have egg salad, tuna salad, hard boiled eggs.  Any plain meat.  Low carb veggies like green beans.

Here's a sample low carb day.

Breakfast- Coffee with heavy cream.  3 eggs cooked in butter with bacon, sausage, or ham.

Snack-String cheese and a small handful of almonds.

Lunch-  Tuna salad served on a bed of lettuce.

Snack-  Cheese and salami cubes and a sliced bell pepper

Dinner-  Steak, green beans, and salad.

Snack-  Sf popsicle and a full fat/low carb yogurt.

It takes a few days to adjust to low carb and your body will probably crave sugar.  Probably a good idea to get rid of the junkfood.  Honestly this is a good diet for everyone.  And no frankenfats.  Real butter, cream, mayo, etc.  And if you are hungry, eat!  Just eat the right things.  The only way you can screw this up is to eat sugars/grains.  There are only a few high carb veggies to avoid, potatoes, peas, corn, and baked beans because they are loaded with sugar.

Good luck!

leslieanne729
on 2/9/17 4:56 am

Thank you so much for your response you gave me a wonderful suggestions and ideas and I appreciate it.

thanks

RNY 2002 (regained everything)   Revised to DS 2007
5'8"  SW 246 - GW 150 - LW 143 - CW-148
Follow Your Dreams.... & Hold On To Them !!  

Angel to Karen W
Angel to MIssy
STLfan
on 2/9/17 9:26 am
I too just got back here and I too have a 15-20 lbs swing every now and again. What I tend to do is drink lots of water or green tea get my vitamins and protein in. Cut out bread and cheese. Bring the portions down to shrink the sleeve. 15 lbs over lowest is not real bad so just keep at it, you will be fine....
Jeff