SIPS Surgery - Anyone?

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/16 1:29 am

It's normal for insurance to say they won't cover any of the wls procedures. My carrier (Cigna) also said the same but the Dr's office will typically follow-up quickly with them directly to explain why any given wls is necessary, and after a month or so they will almost always approve. My SADi procedure was declined twice over a 30 day period and then approved. The doctors office should handle everything.

As I mentioned in my prior post, this is not a very objective forum as you can see how harshly my comments were responded to (essentially telling me to get off this site - which I will) because I responded as the only person posting with any direct knowledge about the SIPS question you asked.

You should know that I share the same Dr as several people who post here, and their doctor disagrees with their comments. After performing more than a 1,000 DS and SIPS procedures, he recommends and performs SIPS for most patients as a newer alternative to the original DS due to less risk, excellent results and fewer side effects.

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/16 1:35 am

FOOTNOTE: Your post is really offensive. Why not take the next step and tell black people or Muslims to get their own wls forum.

The SADi is a newer version of the DS and almost identical for most issues, just a lesser degree of them with lower risk.

SWEETMEL7
on 1/22/17 4:51 am - NY

Hi. I had the SIPS in 12/13. I love  the  surgery.  I follow a similar food regimen as someone who has had the traditional DS.  You will find what works for you. I went from 268 to 115/120. 

Beam me up Scottie
on 1/22/17 11:51 am