Revision from VSG to DS

PattyL
on 11/19/16 4:13 pm, edited 11/19/16 8:13 am

You already have half the DS done.  Just doing the switch part of the surgery is not all that bad/difficult at all.  It's the RNY to DS conversion that's tough.

Always follow the money.  Surgeons will sell you the surgery they do.  

LilAuldLady
on 11/20/16 10:48 am
RNY on 12/11/12

Hey there,

I think Shuster will do fine due to the fact that he is competent and he has excellent RN's who work in the post op sector who will take care of you very well.  

YOU are so smart.  I am really kicking myself for not pushing for the DS.  Go for it.  I am back to struggling with my weight and I so wish I had pushed him for the DS.  He talked me out of it.    I am like you, so what if I have to live on vitamins and watch my nutrition; I still have to do that with the RNY!  Unfortunately, I am not eating the right way so I am regaining.  But you are so smart to get the DS; truly for those of us who have been overweight all our lives; it seems like the best option!

I wish you well and he is really a good surgeon.  I was hormonal and mad at the time I wrote it.  I still did not like his attitude but I did not have to put up with it for long.  

Email me when you have your surgery and let me know how it goes!  I would love to hear from you and I am so envious of you getting the DS! Good for you!

We are no longer in AZ but it would have been fun to get together.  We were living in Litchfield Park, right south of you!  I sure miss AZ but the grandkids are up here and we decided we need to be here full time, in WA state.  

God bless you and you will be great once you get your DS.  Shuster will do a great job!  

warmest regards

Jonnie 

LilAuldLady
on 11/20/16 10:54 am
RNY on 12/11/12

Hi Cookie!

Go for it!  I was hormonal and mad at the time.  I let Shuster talk me out of the DS!  Would have been a much better option for me than the RNY.  Go get what you want and need!  You will do fine.  He is good but the staff is excellent even at St Lukes!  So go have a great experience. 

Your time with Shuster will be minimal.  He is typical surgeon.  Not warm and fuzzy but competent.

Email me when you have the procedure and let me know how you are doing!  Dr. Podkani at Banner is supposed to be excellent but I do not know if he does DS and you are this far into Shuster.  Just go with Shuster and be well and happy.

warm regards

Jonnie 

ps: aww not in AZ anymore.  Were snowbirds for a long time between WA and Litchfield Park, AZ which is just south of you. MISS AZ but grandkids are here and we are needed to be in WA now full time.   God bless, let me know how you do!

LilAuldLady
on 11/20/16 10:58 am
RNY on 12/11/12

Hey cookie,

dunno why my responses are ending up all over the place but I say, YES and good for you!  Wish I had pushed for the DS.  Now I believe that they push the RNY cuz it is quicker and they can do more in a day.  Just my opinion.  

Shuster is fine.  I was hormonal as all get out and mad.  Hate his attitude but he is competent; I think.  Staff at St lukes is supposed to be great so those are the ones you want to be sure of.

Let me know when you get it done, you lucky duck!  Wish I could get the DS, really regret the RNY but at least I am no longer huge.  Just alarmed at the rate of weight just all of a sudden since April.  Too many carbs, not enough protein.

God bless and may you be well!

warmest regards, 

Jonnie