Vitamins

countryham
on 10/4/16 7:26 am

Hi y'all. My name is Tim and I had the sleeve done about 3 years ago. Did not  have much luck with it. I am having the switch done on Jan 26th.  I was curious as to what vitamins You are having to take and how much ruffly they are costing? I am retired do to disability's and would like to get an idea. Thank you. 

Valerie G.
on 10/4/16 8:57 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Oh goodness, this answer will vary!  There is no perfect recipe for a vitamin regimen.  Many suggest the Vitalady schedule to start and see what your bloodwork says.  I'm now doing patches, spending around $50/month, but some double or triple that.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PattyL
on 10/4/16 1:06 pm

Start with vitalady and move on from there.  One caution, most men don't need to supplement much iron.  You will have to tweak your vites when you have lab work done.

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/16 8:31 pm

It will really depend on what your needs are for vitamins. Everyone seems to follow a very individual regimen when it comes to vitamins. I think most doctors recommend going with a lighter dose early on, and then modifying it based on the results of your first lab tests around 6 months out.

I don't spend nearly as much on vitamins as I expected, but I probably spend more on protein supplements than I planned. This is not a must but more of a preference since you can eventually eat enough protein without taking supplements.

Beam me up Scottie
on 10/4/16 8:49 pm
I spend about 75 dollars a month for suppliments, I find that taking a high quality multi really makes me feel better than a cheap vitamin like Centrum, but spend a LOT more money on food. Eating "healthy" costs more. I spend at least $100 extra per month just on my "snack" foods. Cheese sticks, salads, high protein snack foods are just more expensive than chips and cookies.

I think I could do the food part much cheaper if I had time to cook and plan more meals, but I don't think I could do suppliments for any less money.

Scott
countryham
on 10/4/16 9:35 pm

Thanks everyone for your reply's.  I am sure I will have a lot more questions. Your help is much appreciated.