Sudden Weight Loss 7 years out

visionboard
on 10/3/16 8:53 am
DS on 08/28/16

I had my DS in 2009. I've lost 315 pounds. For awhile I was a little stalled, but over the last couple weeks I have suddenly, without really trying or following any kind of plan, lost like 15 pounds. I mean, one major change in my life is that I moved, which is why I haven't been as careful about food I was just all the time working and moving things and carrying things up and down stairs and packing and unpacking.  I know I don't eat like crazy but I'm not eating significantly less than I was before. Could the slight exercise change have triggered something? Cause to tell you the truth sudden weight losses always make me think I have cancer and am dying (yes, I'm going to doctor in 2 weeks to confirm that's not it, soonest appointment I could get). No, I don't have any other symptoms of cancer or death, I feel good, but I am definitely dropping weight like crazy. Couldn't keep my pants up yesterday!

PattyL
on 10/3/16 12:59 pm

Lucky you???  Sounds like you were a lot more active and probably ate less with all the stress of moving!

Msdee218
on 4/25/19 5:08 am

Hello I had my DS in 2013, I went from 350 to 215 then fluctuated up and down highest 240 lowest 210. January 2018 I took a field job and spent all day walking miles and climbing stairs for a full year. I am still in a similar position not as rough. I have now reached a weight of 195 effortlessly. I am like you I went to the doctor twice and got full exams from head to toe. My labs were hood except for iron so I dounle up on iron and eat more iron rich foods. This surgery has changed my life.

Beam me up Scottie
on 5/17/19 8:01 pm
If I don't eat constantly, and exercise a little, I lose weight. It drops right off until I get to about 195-200 then I just start he same.

I wouldn't be worried. You may have slowed down on snacking and at a few less carbs.

Scott