Bathroom question

Valentina408
on 9/18/16 8:36 am
DS on 10/11/16

Hi there.  I had a gastric bypass and working toward the ds in the next month or two.  May I suggest you ask tje doctor regarding using imodium.  Not sure that is wise.   Also, I have found that taking probiotics after WLS has helped me GREATLY with gas, irregular bowel movements. Please ask your doctor about this.  

Best of luck in your journey.   Linda

PeteA
on 9/20/16 8:08 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

It can be a fine line between constipation and diarrhea when you are that early post-op. At least it was for me. Even on liquids
i was a little, not uncontrollable, but certainly feeling the need to go a lot more urgently but a lot of that passed as I healed up.
I would say there was more normalcy in my BM's after about 2 months or so.

Like Val, it was a "new" normal though. I range from pudding like to a lot of very small pieces. I did have a bad bout of 
constipation when I started doing my full list of vitamins. I think from the calcium but I added mag oxide to my calcium doses and that took care of it for me. A lot of people use Miralax or something like Benefibre ( I now use that at 3+ years and no longer add the mag oxide).

Given my druthers I totally prefer even watgery stools to constipation. Luckily it hasn't been a problem for me.

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

DollyGirl3
on 9/26/16 8:21 pm

Hi there,

I feel your pain. I had terrible diarrhea for a full week, I was terrified that I would need to begin wearing adult diapers.Then like you... I got all stopped up and impacted.... At only 7 weeks out I am still trying to figure out the balance. But I will say that eating some fat does help move things, too much and OMG it's awful. I now know me and even half fat mayo are not compatible.

Just keep trying different foods.... best of  luck...