I was fat-shamed

ILoveFlowers
on 8/10/16 11:46 am

I'm good.  It all seems so surreal to me now.  Thank you for your kind words.

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/16 3:29 pm

FYI - When I was in high school, my friend had a sister some of the others guys thought wasn't all that attractive. I worked at nearby restaurant on the weekends with her and we became good friends. I really liked her and thought she was pretty. She knew My friends were going to the prom and asked me to take her. I said no, and not much else. Her feelings were hurt, she cried and never came back to work.

I was a young handsome athletic guy and obviously couldn't be seen at the prom with someone my friends didnt think was hot.

Over the next 40+ years including job layoffs, becoming morbidly obese, more failures than I can count and having kids including daughters, I now regret this as one of the biggest failures in my life. If I could go back and make it right, I would but I can't.

For now, I can only hope it helped me learn and I'll probably made a number of different choices as an adult from that experience.

As I mentioned before, I don't feel bad for you, as your on a path towards something positive. Hopefully, after the young man gets the "ugliness" out of his system, he'll learn something too.

ILoveFlowers
on 8/11/16 8:28 am

I hope so too.