Surgery tomorrow

Hokie-n-TN
on 8/1/16 8:33 pm
DS on 08/02/16

This is my first post I have been a bystander for a couple months now trying to learn as much as I can from all of you. Tomorrow is the big day! To say I am excited is an understatement but I would be lying if I said I wasn't terrified at the same time. Working in the medical field can do that to you even if you don't specialize in bariatric surgery you know just enough from the things you have seen with patients you have cared for to  scare you to death! Praying that all my crazy obsessions with following doctors orders to a T gets me somewhere tomorrow in the OR?. When I started this journey in November I weighed 298, now with the insurance requirements and pre surgery dieting I am down to 253. That is quite an accomplishment for me. I am looking forward to seeing what the future holds after I get through surgery! 

Hope everyone one has a blessed night.

Shannon

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/16 9:02 pm

Hi Hokie, congratulations on the weight you have already lost without surgery. That's a lot better than I did.

Don't worry too much about getting everything perfect. Just do the best you can to follow the guidelines and you will do great! Keep us posted on your surgery.

PeteA
on 8/1/16 9:22 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Congrats! Here's hoping you have a quick safe surgery. I was scared even as they were wheeling me in but hoping for the best. See you on the DS side. 

Valerie G.
on 8/2/16 4:46 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Glad to see you posting!  Best wishes for a smooth surgery and an easy recovery.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

-Flo-
on 8/2/16 3:58 pm
DS on 04/11/16

Best of luck!

larra
on 8/2/16 4:08 pm - bay area, CA

Wishing you a safe and successful surgery.

Larra

(deactivated member)
on 8/3/16 5:53 am

Wishing you peaceful thoughts, and safe and FAST recovery!