The Anit Menu and Exercise Program - Sat June 23

Valerie G.
on 7/26/16 4:50 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

At 11+ yrs out, I still have pudding poop.  It can go too liquidy if I don't get enough yogurt and fiber.  Adding extra calcium and iron helps consistency, too.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/16 10:43 am

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Maybe that's why you haven't had an issue with weight regain.

K P.
on 7/26/16 3:28 pm
DS on 07/08/14

That's a great way to describe it - pudding. I also take magnesium to help although my 2nd be of the day is always pudding (I have 3 a day - usually 2 solid one pudding) and I eat over 25g fiber a day.

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160  

hollykim
on 7/26/16 11:03 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 25, 2016 at 11:37 PM Pacific Time, jmuldune wrote:

Can I asked a gross question? 

After 2 years, did the consistency of your poop change when you started back on the normal weight gain and loss. I have heard that "pudding poop" which is still the norm for me is an indication the malabsorption is in full force. 

Ive heard that will change over time and I'm guessing that transition to normal consistency bowel movements is directly related to the malabsorption.

pudding poop only happens for me when I have. Eaten carb including sugar. I have soft formed poop otherwise at 18 mos out

PeteA
on 7/26/16 12:18 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Not gross at all. I wonder sometimes that DS'rs don't get advanced degrees in poopology as time goes by. 

It all really depends on how I'm eating and drinking.  Pudding like is a regular occurrence. Aside from that it is mostly
a lot of small soft pieces, I think due to my making a real effort to drink a lot more than I really need to.

I was badly constipated ohh maybe about 6 weeks out from surgery and not something I ever want to go through again. I
really feel bad for those people that deal with it on a regular basis. So I hydrate and do a spoonful of benefibre most days 
with my morning protein shake.

It's pretty rare I get anything close to my pre-op BM's (well formed logs) and usually means I haven't been deinking as much or perhaps eating exceptionally a heavy protein only diet. It's really the only time I bother to try and figure out if I'm getting any/ enough fat 
in my meals (a very very rare occurrence. ).

I don't think I've  really heard anyone say that before bit I suppose it's possible. I do tend to believe it would be more related to overall dietary changes rather than any significant loss of the malabsorption.  While I do think we lose some over time I'm just not sure
how significant it is.

K P.
on 7/26/16 3:30 pm
DS on 07/08/14

When I'm on xifaxin I get two normal poops a day. Nice solid appropriately colored poop. When I'm done with a two week treatment after about a week I'm back to shades of gray and brown and green and orange. But man are those two weeks nice for normality! 

HW 284; SW 270; CW 152; Revised GW 140-160