Trouble with TSA when traveling?

VeronicaJ5
on 7/18/16 3:34 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16

Get a small dog so you won't have to go in a body scan ?. I get pulled to the side wanded and my hands swiped off we go lol.

SKmammabear
on 7/22/16 3:30 pm

YES!!!  Just about a month ago...  To and From!  The nice lady that patted me down coming back, told me that the machine is NOT looking for metal.  She asked me if I had recently lost a bunch of weight.  I said yes and told her how much.  She explained that the machines know what our bodies are supposed to look like (because of bone structure, etc) and it sees all the excess around our midsections and thinks there's something wrong so it flags them.  She said most people won't tell you that, but she figured I wouldn't mind being asked that question.  I let my surgeons office know that it's something that can happen and they can warn their patients.  It would be nice to have them tell us in advance that may happen.  

BrightsideSusan
on 7/22/16 5:08 pm - Pleasanton, CA

Yep!  I guess the new scan machines make the difference.  Seems like they could have something attached to our ticket info to avoid this each time we fly  - but too much to ask!  Sounds like over time the TSA agents will at least understand what is going on and maybe skip the wipe down of hands and luggage part of the screening.

BrightsideSusan
HW310 CW143 GW150

BPD-DS on October 24, 2012

fitnessfoodlife.blogspot.com