Some good news...

A_Whole_New_Me
on 6/30/16 10:43 am

Hi All,

This week I had a body composition test at my doctor's office.

Body fat: 17.6%

Visceral fat: 6%

Body age: 33 yr old;

Actual age: 56 1/2 yr old

Height: 5ft, 11in

Weight: 178 pounds (I still have some swelling post-skin removal, normally about 170 pounds).

Amazing given that 19 or 20 yrs ago, when I was 37 or 38 yr, I had similar testing which showed my body was like that of a woman in her 80's!!!!

Secondly, I am downsizing and recently opened a box of childhood keepsakes. It was like opening a time capsule - full of ballet costumes and the like from almost 50 years ago. I tried on my favourite dress from grade 2 & 3 and part of my angel costume from my grade one Christmas concert. THEY FIT!!!!!! of course, they are short but they fit. I could actually wear the dress & intend to to my next WLS support group meeting. now, that is amazing!!!

I have always been big: 32 pounds at 1 year, 184 pounds in grade 4, 290 1/2 pounds just before my 13th birthday, at least 380 pounds at 27 years old, etc, etc.

This ride really has been remarkable and striking how different my life is now as a "normal" weight person.

Tricia

PeteA
on 7/1/16 6:28 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

WOW that's great. I think the change in your calculated body age is truly amazing.