DS Surgeon for Follow-up

Renfairewench
on 4/10/16 9:02 pm

Yes, I suggested a phone appointment with him. I hope she does that but she really needs someone locally or semi locally who understands the DS and all of it's intricacies.  Sadly, there are only two vetted bariatric surgeons in her area and neither is DS friendly.  My hope is that she can find someone within two hours of her so that she could have more consistent followups since she hasn't had any that I know of since her surgery.  I am reaching out to help.  I've already given her a list of vitamins she should be taking as well as some digestive enzymes since she is severely underweight.  She really should be on Creon, but until she can get a doctor to understand the DS and the mal-absorption issues she needs to do something right now.  

M.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Karamay
on 4/11/16 5:54 am - NJ
DS on 12/18/12

What about Dr. Roslin in NYC?  He would be within 2 hours of Rhode Island.

DS (Lap) on 12/18/12 w/ Dr. Onopchenko, HW- 242, SW- 231, GW- 130  Height - 5'3"

Renfairewench
on 4/11/16 2:42 pm

I was thinking Boston would be closer for her and since she has kids going into NYC isn't feasible, however, I will mention Roslin to her. 

Crazeru
on 4/12/16 5:59 pm

Years ago when Lori Black was having problems, Vitalady had her start drinking 5 or 6 protein shakes a day, plus her regular eating pattern and to start taking her full list of vitamins daily.  It's at least a place to start to getting back on track.  Lori had lost too much weight too.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda