vomiting mucus

jmhamilton3
on 3/23/16 8:55 am

Hello! I am new here. I have not had the DS surgery, however my partner did about 10 years ago. He's done really well with a few expected side effects that have mostly resolved themselves. His biggest issue is never being hungry and hating food. He works really hard to eat enough so he doesn't lose anymore weight. He's currently about 179 and is 6ft tall.

He still vomits mucus 1-2 times per month. It has no food it in even if he recently ate. Its usually clear or a milky color and he vomits about half a cup and than is totally fine. He used to have this happen several times a week but it has gotten better.

His surgeon has never heard of such a thing. Does anyone else deal with this? I'm trying to figure out what it could be and if it could be avoided.

Thank you for the input!

hollykim
on 3/23/16 12:10 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 23, 2016 at 3:55 PM Pacific Time, jmhamilton3 wrote:

Hello! I am new here. I have not had the DS surgery, however my partner did about 10 years ago. He's done really well with a few expected side effects that have mostly resolved themselves. His biggest issue is never being hungry and hating food. He works really hard to eat enough so he doesn't lose anymore weight. He's currently about 179 and is 6ft tall.

He still vomits mucus 1-2 times per month. It has no food it in even if he recently ate. Its usually clear or a milky color and he vomits about half a cup and than is totally fine. He used to have this happen several times a week but it has gotten better.

His surgeon has never heard of such a thing. Does anyone else deal with this? I'm trying to figure out what it could be and if it could be avoided.

Thank you for the input!

yes,it is called "sliming". It usually happens when one had eaten too much, ot too fast or sometimes the food is too dry and sometimes it happens cause the sleeve just won't accept that food that moment. 

Honeysue55
on 3/28/16 6:23 am

I definitely have had this when I feel like something is "stuck" or I am too full. No big deal. Had it with RNY, and twice since revision to DS. I didn't know it was called anything. I just know I felt much better afterwards.