hernia

sparkle1980
on 3/18/16 5:28 pm, edited 11/25/19 9:03 am
DS on 06/29/12

Earlier this month I was hospitalized for 9 days, during which I had exploratory surgery. The surgeon found something called "Petersen's Defect/Petersen's Hernia," and explained the relationship between WLS and this condition.

I am lucky in that my surgeon is very skilled (he also did my DS and gallbladder surgery). The recovery has been very slow (worse than c-sections and gallbladder, etc) and I am hoping to reach out to others who have had this condition.

mquirkygirl
on 3/26/16 10:55 pm - New York City, NY

I had a repair of a Petersen's Hernia 18 months after my DS.  It took me about 2 weeks to bounce back from the surgical repair.  I also had another internal hernia repair in 2011 near the lower anastamosis site.  Last week, I underwent yet another internal hernia repair along with an unanticipated revision of my lower anastamoses (50cm resected from my alimentary limb; 20cm resected from my common channel.)

I haven't been active on these boards in over 5 years, but given the hell I just went through last week, I have been doing a little more digging into various forums and group pages.  Saw your post and figured I'd let you know you're not alone.

5'10", HW: 326/SW: 280/CW: 181/Goal: 165