Bounce back?

jason1978
on 2/21/16 3:12 am
DS on 06/24/13

Hi All!

At this point I will be 3 years out in June! I started around 360lbs and at the 2 year mark I was at 168, which was lower than I wanted to be. I'm 6'2" and after some fast bounce back right around year 2 I've hovered around 188 lbs for a few months.

I Realize everyone's different  but are there typically other times in the journey where I should expect additional bounce back?

Looking forward to hearing about other folks experiences!

DS on 6/24/13

SW 351

GW 190

CW 171

MajorMom
on 2/21/16 9:45 am - VA

Mine didn't hit until a few years post-op when I started eating more carbs and more volume. I think everyone is a little different depending on if they eat dense food and stretch the sleeve out, or use protein shakes to help keep it small. Some can eat dense food and exercise really good portion control and not fall victim to a stretched out sleeve but that wouldn't be me.  :)  I'm 8 years out and about 8-10 pounds above my very lowest weight.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

PattyL
on 2/21/16 1:18 pm

At 3 years out your body has done most of it's adapting.  You will probably be OK as long as you don't start eating a lot more or drop your activity level.  The best maintenance strategy I know was from a long term postie here.  Weigh every day and if you are 2lbs over your number for 2 days in a row, back to basics/no carbs till the gain is gone.

This was a woman's strategy.  Since men lose better and faster, I would say weigh once a week and then do the same things she did.

Valerie G.
on 3/16/16 9:35 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

The average bounceback is 15-25% of your excess weight lost.  It sounds like you're right in line with that, but it's a queue to be more mindful of what you're eating.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes