Newb here! Modified DS scheduled for Feb 3, 2016

Tanksta_DS
on 1/23/16 8:52 pm
DS on 02/03/16

Hey everyone! Looking forward to engaging here and becoming part of the forum!  Pretty excited about my upcoming surgery.

I'm on day 4 of my pre-op liquid diet.  I'm sure I'll have questions soon, but right now I'm just browsing the current topics.

God Bless!

Tank

hollykim
on 1/24/16 1:01 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 24, 2016 at 4:52 AM Pacific Time, Tanksta_DS wrote:

Hey everyone! Looking forward to engaging here and becoming part of the forum!  Pretty excited about my upcoming surgery.

I'm on day 4 of my pre-op liquid diet.  I'm sure I'll have questions soon, but right now I'm just browsing the current topics.

God Bless!

Tank

what kind of modified DS are you having and welcome!

PattyL
on 1/24/16 2:00 pm

Modified?  Just be sure you KNOW what you are getting!  If you are talking SADI or LOOP, they are experimental and insurance may not pay.  The CPT code for DS states there are 2 anastomoses(SIC?).  Using that code for a 1 anastomosis procedure could be considered fraud.

Best of luck!

misyoungthang
on 10/8/16 7:54 am
DS on 06/13/16

I had the single loop DS surgery. The good part about the single verse the double is that the single could be reversed. I had revision DS 6/2016 from GVS 2/2011. I'm having great results. I lost 35 lbs in 3 months. I don't have the dumping anymore. I do have to have at least 2 proton supplements everyday, if I don't I get shakey and get a very bad headache. Other than that I love it. Good luck.