DS Surgery upcoming in July or August

TessaBartz
on 1/6/16 4:02 pm

Hi :)  I'm on the road to DS Surgery in July or August.   DS surgery scares me more than the Bypass, but I think the amount of weight I need to lose makes it the right choice for me. 

I can't wait to learn more about your experiences, good or bad, and to get to know all of you! 

PattyL
on 1/6/16 6:42 pm

Welcome Tessa and best of luck!  Good for you, the DS is your best shot!

larra
on 1/7/16 9:56 am - bay area, CA

Good decsion! You are right, the DS has the best statistics of any bariatric surgery for percentage excess weight loss, for maintenance of that weight loss, and for resolution of almost all comorbidities. Maintenance is very important, and many people with gastric bypass really struggle with weight regain.

It's all very scary, but realistically this is your best chance for a longer, healthier life. Go for it!

Larra

T. Williams
on 1/11/16 12:31 pm
WLS on 01/19/16

I agree Larra.  I had the Gastric Bypass in 2009 and have regained almost half of the 129 weight loss i've experienced with the GB.  Now I am scheduled to have the DS in Febuary 2016.  I wish I would have had the DS conducted in 2009.  I am a little scared but I know the benefit will out do the scare.  Although, my experience with the Gastric Bypass was half successful years later, I am still grateful for the results, good and bad, because I am now determined to make this surgery work.  Thanks.

misyoungthang
on 10/8/16 7:41 am
DS on 06/13/16

I had GVS in 2011 and lost 80 lbs and regained 60 lbs and had a baby then revision to DS in June 2016 and it was the best thing I ever did. I was afraid of a revision because I feel like I failed at the first surgery but I lost 35 lbs 3 months. I feel better and can exercise more. I can eat more with DS than GVS but your body keeps less nutrients with DS. Good luck and I hope you see the results you want.