Home from hospital 3 days after surgery

Brandilynn230
on 12/30/15 9:01 pm

Hello! I had my surgery on the 28th and came home today from surgery. I am struggling slightly getting all the fluids down but it is getting better. When I woke up in the hospital this morning I was throwing up a nd sick to the point my doctor wanted to keep me another night. Luckily I hit a huge turnaround and was able to get 39 oz's in pass gas and have a bowel movement. So they let me go home! And I can not believe how great I feel compared to yesterday and this morning. Is this just a phase? Will I have any other bad days? My mom got the RNY a week head of me and her healing process seems to be different than mine. Don't get me wrong I am SORE but I do not feel miserable like she seemed to at this time. I'm hoping to keep up with the speedy recovery seeing as I have classes starting in less than 2 weeks. But yay for. Successful surgery! I am keeping my self off the scale till the 2 week appointment like suggested. 

Quick couple of questions:

1. Does anyone else have painful burps when swollowing?
  2. Sugar free fudge pops? I know we can have sugar free Popsicles but do these counts? Didn't know if this was okay or not. I hate the texture of jello nd have never been able to eat it so I'm trying to find something else I can enjoy as a treat.
  3. Tips or tricks and what I should expect? Tomorow is 4 days after surgery and I want to be as prepared as possible. 

HW:382  SW: 360 DS performed by Dr. Williams Knoxville Tn. 

MajorMom
on 12/31/15 2:15 am - VA

Congratulations!  

1. Painful burps at first. Yes, i had those too.
  2. Sugar free fudge pops. Yes, as soon as you're allowed to go from clear to full liquids....just guessing, but that's what my program would have suggested.
  3. Tips and tricks.  Hmm...one of the ones I appreciated was Chinese take-out egg drop soup. Healthy, nice protein, good fluids, and easy on a baby intestinal track.  

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

MajorMom
on 12/31/15 2:17 am - VA

Sorry, that should say baby intestinal tract, not track. 

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny