Bowel Movements, Calories and Weight Loss

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/15 7:53 pm

Hi, I wanted to ask for feedback from people who have 2 or more years experience on what to expect for upcoming transitions. Also apologies in advance for the nature of the post. First, I'm about 13 months post op SADi DS and lost more than 100% of my excess weight, to a point of being dangerously thin. This is part of my reason for asking feedback.

My bowl movements are more of a bowl event. They often last 25 to 30 miutes, and it's as if my colon loads up, releases, then loads and releases another couple of times before everything is out of my body. It's like having toxic waste inside me that had to come out. Once I'm done, everything is good for the day.

Now at 13 months out, I eat about 2k to 2,400 calories a day which is all I can get down in any given day. I'd really like to get feedback from others on how their calorie intake works. I know many people say it doesn't matter but for me it does. If I eat less, I'll die of starvation and I can't get any more down due to physical limitations of stomach size.

I feel very vulnerable if I have to travel by car or plane and never know for sure what my bathroom schedule will be. Also, when I get closer to having a bowl movement, my gas release is much more toxic and embarrassing. This seems to be getting worse as I eat more.

Can people with experience tell me how their bowl movements and calorie consumption changed over time. Also, when does the weight loss stop. I can't afford any more loss but at 13 months out, I'm afraid I'll lose more no matter what for the next 6 to 12 months.

Thanks for any insight.

PattyL
on 12/22/15 2:44 pm

There are very few SADI people more than 2 years out.  I believe it was first done in Europe so you may want to look for a forum there.

Valerie G.
on 12/26/15 6:50 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm over a decade out from traditional DS and your bathroom event sounds much like mine, but I'm pretty dependable (except for a couple weeks past daylight savings time bull****) to get everything out first thing in the morning, so no anxiety there unless I'm waking up before 5am.  As for calories, I cannot tell you how many I eat, but I'll bet its more than you by just considering the amount of fat and protein I consume (which both, of course, carry more calories than the diet foods the nutritionist tries to pimp you towards). 

To slow your loss or even regain some, try adding more complex carbs to your day and see how that goes.  As to what to expect, the
SADI is still in experimental stages, so there is little to no experience for you to lean on.  You ARE the lab rat that people are watching.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/15 8:58 pm

Thanks Val for the insight. I think the DS Sadi and traditional DS are more alike than most people realize.

I would appreciate feedback from any traditional DS'ers on the subject.

SWEETMEL7
on 12/28/15 6:57 pm - NY

Hi . I had the SADI ON 12/3/13. I realized if I eat foods higher in fat then I will go mainly in the AM but if I limit my fat then I will become constipated. You have to see what will work for you. I went from 268 to 110 lbs in over 14 months. I go up and down with 5 lbs. I keep my full carbs under 20/30 grams a day! We have spoken before. I also had my surgery with Dr Roslin.

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/15 11:55 pm

Thanks for the insight.

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/15 9:11 am

Quick question - why do you need to keep the carbs so low? If you reach your goal weight, isn't it just a question of nutritional balance and calories?

SWEETMEL7
on 12/29/15 11:44 am - NY

Sure.  Ask anything you feel would benifit you. I don't  count  calories  at all. I just make sure i get the protein and fat in. I choose to keep a very low carb regimen so I don't gain weight back. I can eat carbs but I choose not to I have cut out rice ,pasta, bread ,potatoes and the only carbs I get are mainly from the vegetables I eat or sometimes  a SF piece  of  cheese cake when I  want something sweet.   I  just  stay  away  bc it don't  appeal to me anymore.  

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/15 9:59 pm

Thanks