Checking In

sweetpotato1959
on 12/3/15 10:53 pm

Have you tried sunlight for 20 minutes a day OR the full spectrum light bulb? ( the one that mimics full sunlight, just need it  the same time as sunshine, I used it when I worked nights and slept all day)

Someone has  already mentioned separating  your vitamin from your food, ..the food will sometimes absorb the small amount of oil based vitamins, and it will just pass on.So that is two things you can try. 

Each of our bodies respond so differently to surgery...just keep a check on it and experimenting until you find what works for you... and DOcument! so if you have an issue later in life, you can look back and have a record of why you changed your regimine.  My Mom had weight loss surgery 6 months before I had mine, her medications were changed back and forth for several medical conditions. After she had a health crisis,19yrs post-op, I found she had not documented the heart drugs that gave her side effects that were intolerable to her., and she did not remember which medications had caused continual headache, and which one caused irritability...(I remembered two and my brother remembered one, so we got thru it, because we had discussed).... Especially helpful when a health care provider wants to know why you are taking "certain doses" of vitamins., and essential if it is something other than vitamins.

Denise
David M.
on 12/3/15 11:23 pm - Germantown, OH

Hi

yes,that level was checked at end of summer and I was outside as much as possible. I did get a light, my wife hates clutter so it's put up. It's time to pull it out again anyway to combat SAD.

i do keep all my labs. I am doing testosterone and other hormone therapy and have had good results. 

My D and Zinc have never been good. But I have never went above the 50k per day dose. I have been a good patient with regards to supplements.(with a few brief periods of slacking)

In addition, I had upper and lower endoscopy 2 weeks ago. Had a second colon polyp removed.  I have had several esophageal stretching because of choking feeling etc. This time was the choking was worse and different. I was having pain, which was new.

the initial suspicion is esenophilic esophagitis. Reading up on it, it's caused by food allergies. Which I have known I had (milk and eggs severe and wheat cashew and mustard seed moderate)

also, an increase in candidiasis also agrivates it and the allergy. 

Since the procedure I have had bad nausea intermittently.

i am going to do a round of antibiotics and then go back on my strict diet.

will also try the higher dose of vit D and the herbal tincture you mentioned. 

Thankful to have a smart doc right now who is pro supplements etc. 

LIFE IS GOOD !!!

David M.
ladybug513
on 12/16/15 2:54 pm - NY

I also had low vitamin D levels for some time and had to experiment.  I have been on Vitalady's dry 50,000 iu capsules taking 4 capsules (200,000 iu daily) in the morning.  My levels have stayed steady at 70 for the last year and a half.

First goal 120.0: 12/7/13  Final goal 115.0 (114.6):  2/6/14  

5'3  SW: 199 (12/11/11)  Current: 114.8 pounds  18% body fat   BMI: 20.3