My Medi-cal HMO just put in a revision request for USC Keck. Anyone with revision experience...

DUTCHINDOGIRL9
on 11/18/15 11:36 am

Any words on revision from RNY to DS at Keck would be greatly appreciated!!!

Have a blessed day!:-)

larra
on 11/18/15 6:03 pm - bay area, CA

If you are looking to revise from whatever you have now to the DS, you are not going to find anyone at USC. Dr. Crookes used to do the DS there, but stopped taking new patients long ago and may be retired by now. The only surgeon in the Los Angeles area presently doing the DS is Dr. Ara Keshishian in Glendale.

Larra

DUTCHINDOGIRL9
on 11/19/15 8:13 am

Hi Laura!

That's funny because I called Dr. Crookes office and told them my group put in a request for them to consult on a revision, the nurse didn't say anything. She mentioned Dr. Crookes and his other two associates. She said they all do revisions and have DS experience. She told me to go ahead and schedule a seminar date.

I'm confused. Do you work for them or did you

try to get surgery with them?

larra
on 11/21/15 9:00 am - bay area, CA

No, I don't work with them, and never have, and never tried to get surgery with them. I am going by what several people have posted here and elsewhere.

"Revisions" covers a lot of territory. You are seeking a very specific type of revision - to the DS. Dr. Crookes, if he's still there, has an excellent reputation, definitely has DS experience, and his patients love him. If you can get him for your revision you will be in good hands. But last I had heard, again not first hand, he was no longer accepting new patients. And I have NOT heard of any other surgeon at USC doing the DS.

I hope that you will let the group here know what you learn after you go to the seminar. I also hope they aren't just telling you to go ahead with the seminar to get you through the door and then convince you that you should just do some kind of alteration to your gastric bypass rather than revise to the DS. Let us know what you find out.

Larra

DUTCHINDOGIRL9
on 11/23/15 12:01 pm

Hi,

I just got an authorization from my group to go to USC, Keck! I am so happy! I was told there are 3 surgeons and they all do revisions.

Autumn