Second stage DS years after VSG weight regain

kvan3021
on 11/14/15 5:52 pm - Toledo, OH

Has anyone had the second stage of the DS after weight regain years out from their VSG?

need2gethealthy
on 11/14/15 8:53 pm

Yes.  In 2011 I had VSG and lost 40ish pounds.  As quickly as I lost that amount I started putting the weight back on.  Four years later (Jul 2015) I had the second stage DS.  My surgery was with Dr. Teel in Dayton, Oh.  I had some issues that had me unsure if I'd done the right thing or not...issues being terrible GERD and pain and vomiting upon eating.  I talked with a few people on here and they assured me it would get better and thankfully, it did.  I am doing very well now and able to eat very well.  My weight loss at this time is 35# and some days 37#- I am happy with the weight loss and plan to lose another 20# give or take 5-10# depending on how I look and feel as I lose a little more.  I am in southern Ohio but there is a surgeon at Cleveland Clinic who does the DS (Dr. P. Schauer) and there may be more in that area.  If you are considering the DS you will find your answer after reading and asking questions on this site.  There are MANY nice and helpful folks here.  Good luck in your research and upcoming surgery (if you decide to go with another surgery).