1 Year Out this Week

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/15 7:11 pm

This week marks  the 1 year anniversary since I had the Sadi DS last Nov, and I thought I'd share some of my perspective with you.

I have lost 51% of my body weight during the past 12 months; going from just under 300 pounds to as low as 138lbs a couple of weeks ago. I'm currently at 140 and trying to at least maintain my weight, which as a 6'1 male is very low. My labs are good and I'm generally healthy with no deficiencies, and low blood pressure. I have had an issue with feeling dizzy when I stand quickly, which was checked by my cardiologist and deemed ok for now. I don't consider myself a success or failure, just someone on a journey I knowingly undertook and I'm satisfied to be where I am at the moment with hope for a positive future.

My most important lesson to share is that losing the weight is only one piece of the many parts that go into this journey. I lost all the weight I expected to lose in about 9 months. The real journey in my view is several years in the making to get to stabilization whi*****ludes your optimum body weight (your goal weight is  out the window), getting fit after losing all the weight (another year or more), figuring out the right vitamin balance, determining which foods work for you in your new body and which to avoid, dealing with loose skin and / or learning to live with it, mentally adjusting to your new body, and learning to accept or ignore how others react to the new you. Lastly, since we all have the very unique experience of losing a massive amount of weight and dealing with the related issues, learning to "give back" somehow to help others struggling in a similar way, or any other way that requires overcoming a major life obstacle.  

MajorMom
on 11/16/15 1:44 am - VA

Good job and congratulations!  

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

SWEETMEL7
on 11/18/15 9:02 pm - NY

Congrats! You are doing great!  I to had the SADI with Dr Roslin and I will be two years post op next month. I  love the surgery.  I placed myself   into counseling   prior   to   surgery   and   still continue   to   go. It has helped   tremendously  in coming   to   terms with my new body. I went from 268 lbs   to 110 lbs .  I'm content and have no complaints !   

Kathy S.
on 11/19/15 1:54 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations jmuldune!

Post photos here so we can see you amazing progress!  

Quickly add photos from your photo gallery directly into your post. To see how this feature works, watch this short video:

https://obesityhelp.wistia.com/medias/ffjq28e1s0

We can't wait

Regards,

Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130