Insurance Results Just Came Back - APPROVED!

mike727
on 11/10/15 8:58 pm
Well, I got a great call this afternoon that my insurance was approved for the DS surgery. Incredible thing was, they submitted the request yesterday and it came back approved in less than 24 hours.   Good job Humana.   I have most everything else (pre-op) done. My final hurdle is Cardiology. I met with my Cardio Doc today and I have an echocardiogram and stress test scheduled for next Tuesday. My EKG shows a right bundle branch blockage which usually doesn't mean anything. I've actually had it for a while now with no other issues, so primary saw no need to pursue further.   Of course, now that I am so close my mind is racing with what if I have some crazy heart issue that precludes me from surgery. I know this is my mind running rampant, so I just choose not to focus on it. I don't have any chest pains or shortness of breath or anything like that.    So, I'll have my cardiology tests next Tuesday, then get the results on Thursday. After that my surgeon, Dr. Smith, will review everything. At that point, most likely I'll be getting the surgery in mid-December.   It's amazing how fast this has all happened. I still am in a bit of a shock at how fast the approval came back, so I'm still taking it in.   Anyway, any wise words or advice are much appreciated!!   Thanks! Mike    

MajorMom
on 11/11/15 2:02 am - VA

Congratulations!   

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Kathy S.
on 11/12/15 1:11 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

rustimart
on 11/13/15 11:12 am - Corona Del Mar, CA

Good-luck, it very exciting that you are so close to getting your surgery! Good luck and I look forward to your updates!