Pork

cantstalkthis
on 11/8/15 3:44 am

I have reached a point where I am eating a wide variety of foods. I can even have salads if I load it up with a ton of baked chicken breast. I take imodium once or twice a week and it just allows me to have normal BMs instead of urgency and diaherra. I was cruising along for many days when my husband made a pork roast (lean, pork loin) and I had about 4 ounces of it. I have had bacon and sausage with no problems but I stopped eating pork chops after several bad experiences that I believed were related to the fatty chops. Tonight about 3-4 hours after the pork, my normal gas (frequently have gas in the evening) became the dreaded oily gas. The pork is the only thing that I can figure out. Everything else was my usual. 

Anyone else have a problem with pork? It's inexpensive here and my family hunts (so, tons of pork) and I would like to have it without problems. I'm about 13 weeks out, so could it be a problem that will resolve in time? I read another board where people couldn't tolerate pork after 3+ years. Anyone here have that experience? 

MajorMom
on 11/8/15 4:13 am - VA

Lean pork is still very difficult for me to eat even at 8 years out. The density is the issue for me and bacon, sausage and pork shoulder are much easier. I've never had a gassy experience with lean pork, that's a new one on me. Are there any gravies/soups or gluten in your lean pork recipes?

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

cantstalkthis
on 11/8/15 3:46 pm

There's nothing different about the recipe other than pork vs chicken. I eat the chicken with no problem. It's just cooked in cream of mushroom soup and some herbs/spices. Not my usual fare pre-op (I was a total foodie) but it's easy for my husband to cook in the crock pot. 

I'm going to eat low fat (so chicken breast and green beans... yay****il all of the oil problems are over and then avoid pork for a few more months. Maybe I ate more of the gravy (will all of the fat) because the meat is so dense? 

Thanks for the direction. I'm going to avoid the soup based food until Thanksgiving's green bean casserole.

MajorMom
on 11/9/15 2:15 am - VA

Sounds like a good plan. I had no idea canned cream of mushroom soup had gluten in it until I was a few months post-op.  Ooops.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Valerie G.
on 11/9/15 6:17 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

For me, it was the onions that went with the pork chops, pork roast - everything!!!!  After eliminating onions from my diet, much has changed

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

PattyL
on 11/11/15 10:52 am

It was probably just a one time thing.  Try it again in a few weeks!

Crazeru
on 11/12/15 1:21 pm

Have you tried it in the crock pot with lots of sauce/BBQ or whatever flavor you like.    Most meats are better with sauce to get down.  Meatballs with lots of tomato sauce or Alfredo.  Pot roast with gravy.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda