Haven't been here lately

patngin
on 10/22/15 5:40 pm - Nine Mile Falls, WA

Well we haven't been here lately and don't know if any of you know our story. This has been the worst thing we have ever done in our lives. Both of us are getting older now and have severe health problems. I have had to have my legs amputated what got me there was malnutrition. What got me there was advice for Dr.Heap. Anyway we are trying to get better but don't know if it will work out.

sweetpotato1959
on 10/23/15 10:33 pm

I did not know your story, but I had a different surgery 20 yrs ago...Do not know your Dr, but mine retired due to medical reasons about 4 years post op for me

I developed anemia about that time and control it now with a prescribed medication foltrin twice a week and buffalo liver capsules and liver patties ( make like salmon patties but I add egg and protein powder) on the other days...My stomach and intestines seem really sensitive and I have frequent gastritis, but I had gastritis before! I was mal noursished when I was obese! I had health issues obese, they did get better, but did not go away...arthritis, Lyme, gastritis,knee pain, sinus issues...

I lost 135 lbs initially, over 18 months, and worked an extremely hard and physically demanding job... think constant steps, lifting,stacking, pulling..in 14-18 hour shifts, of course with scheduled breaks...Unloding trucks by hand... since I stopped that work, I regained about 30 and now am back on the way to where I really need to be @!35-!40 range..

I read your post and just felt like crying for you both.

I am aware that surgery doesn't work out well for everyone, but it has helped me..and extended my life and ability to take care of myself and others.. I am so sorry you have so many isssues. I wish there was something... to help or make it all better.

Take care, and take care of each other, encourage each other...

Denise
Valerie G.
on 10/26/15 6:27 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm glad you mentioned your surgeon's name. I've seen a few horrible experiences over the years by the hand of Dr. Heap. I hope you've consulted with a surgeon by now and stopped seeing him all together.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes