Osteopenia

A_Whole_New_Me
on 10/31/15 12:20 pm

Gina, thanks for all your suggestions (I was hoping you'd respond when I wrote out my post).

How do you manage to fir in your iron and zinc when they have to be taken separately as well?

What are the total number of times you take supplements each day?

Thanks so much!

Tricia

MajorMom
on 11/1/15 3:12 am - VA

To fit everything in I only separate by an hour minimum and not 2 hours. My schedule looks something like this. 4AM big batch of vitamins and finish with calcium after a little break...all while I'm drinking a protein coffee. 7AM zinc. 8AM calcium batch (boron, mag cit & calcium at the very end). 9AM calcium batch. 10AM calcium batch. 11AM calcium btach. 2PM iron. 6PM big vitamin batch and wait a bit to finish up with calcium. 9-10PM Proferrin.

K2 isn't a frill it's just new to the scene. There are plenty of studies citing K2 as a benefit to your bone health but it hasn't hit the textbooks yet. If we had normal guts vit K1 can convert to some K2 but I don't trust that my gut can convert much of anything except carbs to fat deposits.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

A_Whole_New_Me
on 11/1/15 10:25 am

Thank you so much for your comprehensive responses. You've put my mind at ease and are allowing me to move forward without having to start from scratch and all the delays that entails.

Tricia

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/15 9:48 am

Your post really terrifies me . I'm an RNYer ( five years post op ) so I really don't belong on this forum... but I've always wished I'd insisted on a DS ( although being an extreme lightweight I doubt it was a real possibility ) .

I'm always looking at my limbs to see if I've shrunk ! The answer is actually no ... I'm still taller than almost everyone thank God ...but I too being tall and small am at huge risk for osteoporosis etc..

I haven't taken my supplements anywhere near the levels Vitaminlady recommends but I do drink kale juices , eat mostly organic veggies and I used to LIVE on powdered milk ( though I'm detoxing myself off of iit now ) I do run and dig holes and so forth in the garden. My garden is actually a working farm so its a pretty strenuous and exhausting activity .. sometimes .

Now here's the weird thing ... I think I might be growing actually . I'm way past the age this is supposed to happen ... but I keep having to buy longer pants and I definitely am taller now than my bpyfriend who was the same height when we started a few years ago . He smokes and is not healthy at all so HE may be shrinking ... but I don't know /// is anyone ELSE growing ?

sweetpotato1959
on 10/31/15 8:13 pm

ask him how tall he is, then measure him, with unhealthy habits he may well be, My husband has lost 1 1/2 inches, but his is due to osteoporosis and spinal damage...not unhealthy habits...men can and often do shrink.

A_Whole_New_Me
on 10/28/15 12:23 pm, edited 10/29/15 4:25 am
A_Whole_New_Me
on 10/28/15 12:26 pm
A_Whole_New_Me
on 10/28/15 12:27 pm
A_Whole_New_Me
on 10/28/15 12:28 pm
A_Whole_New_Me
on 10/28/15 12:29 pm